Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know where to begin. . . .

So my car has a ghost, and has had it since the day I bought it.
Without getting too detailed on the history (If it helps I'll add it latter) I want a fresh outlook of what the problem may be (hense the lack of history).

So symptoms;
Engine code for bank 1 O2 sensor
-It has been replace 2 times (still get code)
Periodic misfire
-no real pattern to when it happens although it used to (I'll get back to that) do it when the throttle was held steady, It feels like I stepped on the clutch.
Hesitation and lack of power when the engine warms up
-cold engine =everything alright (exept misfire)
-warm engine = accelerates to a point then rate of acceleration based on petal possition drops off sharply. ("no balls")

I recently replaced(two nights ago) the Ignition Coil Pack thinking that might be it, but alas no. . . . . The ghost just moved.

Now the misfire is worse and happens anytime the engine is loaded, i.e. from from stop into first, or anytime I try to accelerate.

·
Registered
435 Posts
did you rule out the stupid stuff? plugs? wires? shitty fuel? maybe bad ecm

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you check the wires from the first o2 sensor to the plug it attaches to?
If you got a bad connection that's all it takes to mess it up?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you rule out the stupid stuff? plugs? wires? shitty fuel? maybe bad ecm

^^ How is ecm 'stupid stuff'. . . . . I wouldn;t have thought it would be a computer issue. . .

-With regard to it being a fuel issue I have had the car over a year, and it has done it on and off since then regardless of fuel brand.

-BTW ESSO regular isn't very good, My wife use to go there all the time for the Esso points. But I noticed the plugs on her car kept fouling up. I told her to switch to Petro Canada (so she could keep getting some kind of points. . .lol) and viola! no more foul up!.

>-So last night I pulled off all the wires and re-bent the conections to the coil pack. It seemed to help but the misfire continues (now it only does it sometimes when I accelerate).

I have tried replacing the plugs and wires with different brands.
(BTW Champion plugs and wires are garbage for hyundais)

-Currently I have NGK plugs and Bosch Wires.
-made a difference but the problem still exists

-Im wondering that; if when under load (i.e. accelerating) there is perhaps not enough power available to go to the coil packs and as a result they can not produce a significant charge that would result in a reliable combustion, hence the misfire.
-with regards to that, anyone know how I could test that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts