Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since that the weather has gotten cold here I've noticed that the OEM batteries that come in the accent suck. I have to plug my car in below -15 celcius so that my car will start in the morning. Its only when I'm at work I don't know if its going to start because I can't plug in my car. What would you guys suggest for a battery, something that has good cold cranking amps and that is easier on the engine when its cold. Also a battery I don't have to constantly plug in when the mercury hits below -0 celcius.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Uhm...

No matter what kind of battery you get, it'll happen. Batteries just tend to lose their efficiency after 20 degrees celcius. It might help if you get a battery blanket heater. We use those a lot up here, but it hasn't gotten that cold in Anchorage yet.

Howie~

·
Registered
686 Posts
what about dry cell batteries, are the still inefficient below 20ºC?

·
Registered
332 Posts
optima batteries i think are the best on the market had mine for 3-4 years and have not had a single battery issue even left my headlamps on for a day or so and when i got in to drive it started right u[p without a problem

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maccent98 said:
optima batteries i think are the best on the market had mine for 3-4 years and have not had a single battery issue even left my headlamps on for a day or so and when i got in to drive it started right u[p without a problem
How much do these batteries cost?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have a red top Optima and it ran me $130 bucks, best battery I have ever bought, so I picked one up for my womans 99 firebird when her battery died.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts