Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am looking for a turbo for my new setup.. and i cant find something that will be within my budget yet meat my goals, but i also dont know any good places to look for turbos..

i am looking for something thats close to the size or an actually t3/t4 turbo, with a good a/r and possibly a ball bearing center section.. it can be a remanufactured turbo as long as its from a reliable source.. i really need a turbo soon so i can get the tibby back on the road. my max budget is $700.00.. i am looking for as fast spooling as i can find.. i dont want any XS power turbos cuz they are crap.. hopefully garrett or turbonetics if need be..

i just think that i will max out my t3 super 60 once i have my internals, and the rest of the setup finished up..

thanx in advance..

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, eBay, but remember that if it's used, plan on rebuilding. I would not put a used turbo in my car (unless I know that it was only used for a few months) without being rebuilt.

Good luck, sounds like a disco potato would be a good choice for you.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking disco potato also but will not be enough power for me.. im looking for around 350-375 whp @ 18-19psi.. the dp will only be around 275-290ish range. i cant find any bb center sectioned t3/t4 anywhere.. :depressed:

·
Registered
572 Posts
You can buy a bb center from garrett as an upgrade for the hybrid t3/t4 and t04...

·
Registered
101 Posts
This one is an excellent ebay trader.

himni racing
garrett turbos available range from gt25, gt28rs, gt3076r.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ gary, i got your PM, but do you mean you have a turbo for sale.. or just that pricing on the one that you have..

ill check that ebay guy thanx..

i think i found my match :).. although, id rather have a bb t3/t4 so i wouldnt have to change my DP flange..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garr...emQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ7971717295QQtcZphoto

Garrett gt32 turbo, with t3 exhaust flange.. but it has 73 Trim, .78 A/R Wheel. which will probably be a lil slower spooling, but have a higher top end? is that correct? but having the bb center will help alot with spool time right..

[Edited by 01IMPORTSHARK on Jan 24, 2006 6:15 AM]

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have one for sale..i meant....

as for the turbo you posted...thats not ball beering turbo...and you would not get full boost until 4500-4800..we shift @ 6800-7000....and look @ the housing for the downpipe with eternal gate....bb turbo you willhave to pay 1000-1600 US...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoa.. i thought the GT series was ball bearing?? thats what i was told.. says the gt techonology will make it spool up to 1000 rpms quicker... hmmm.. :depressed::depressed:

EDIT: ahh, i c.. not ball bearing but better technology... hmmm.. if it spools up to 1000rpms quicker with that A/R it still would be perdy high to fully spool wouldnt it..

[Edited by 01IMPORTSHARK on Jan 24, 2006 6:43 AM]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh.. w/e the hell a journal bearing is.. lol.. anyway.. i PMed you back about ur turbo..

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Almost nobody has managed to take the 2.0 Beta engine beyond 250/275 b.h.p. on a reliable (daily driver) basis!.

It`s fine to put on large turbos......as long as you have a good piggy back computer etc. to provide the extra fuel & revised timing...... but many people have found the gearbox & drivetrain just can`t cope when they get there!!.

Just a word to the wise!
Nick.:ermm:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theres ALOT of guys on rd tiburon, that have wayyy surpassed the 250 bhp mark.. viper is at 385whp from the last dyno i saw, mad john is in the 500whp + range, gary is in the 300whp+ range now, t4turbotib is way higher than 250whp.. jongtrs new setup is on the high end also..

those are all daily drivers..

i will be getting an LSD eventually before i tune it to the high horsepower numbers..

i have a good piggyback sytem also..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts