Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 Kia Rio which shares a lot of parts with the Hyundai Accent. Just curious as to whether any Accent owners have found aftermarket steering wheels. I haven't been able to track anything down online for Accent's or Rio's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
kia rio owners are welcome to the boards..

heck, i think your 1.6l is the same as ours..

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
May I ask why you want an aftermarket steering wheel?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by GregsterGSi
[body]
Originally posted by ftwvampftw
[body]
May I ask why you want an aftermarket steering wheel?
[/body]
some prefer a thicker wheel to the wheel or slighty smaller

The wheel in my neon was huge and felt like crap so i changed it for a Grant Formula GT
[/body]
I just dont understand the whole.. not having an airbag any more thing, and the fact the insurance company will laugh at you when you wreck. But to each their own. I really dont care, its just to how much safety you want for yourself over "steering wheel size".

If its a pure auto-x or circuit car or drag car.. I totally understand.. if its not... that what ever, lol *shrugs*

But yes, you can get diff hubs for your needs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Personally I absolutely hate having an airbag in front of me. I consider airbags to be something that does more harm than good. Airbags are only useful in a high speed full frontal collision. They may happen to be the deadliest case but they are also very rare. There are thousands of cases where the airbag deployed in a low speed collision (as they are design) but caused serious injury to the driver that they wouldn't have sustained if the airbag was not present. As I type this, a fellow ralliest of mine is blind in both eyes and cannot even lay down because his airbag deployed when he hit the hard snowbank during a navigational rally. Personnally I don't mind the stock steering wheel in my Accent but this summer it is going because it has an airbag. Considering the extremely slight chance that I am going to get into a head-on collision I consider it a very worthy gamble.

As far as the topic at hand, I've been looking for a hub adapter for my car aswell, supposedly Momo and Sparco both make them for my model but I've only found one place that sells the Sparco so I'll still have to keep looking. It is fairly tough to find a hub for a car with an airbag because the companys don't want to worry about liabilities.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
he might be installing a wheel for faster tuning speeds, the smaller the rim the faster the car turn's..less rotational mass.yada..yada..

and it's easier to turn since the wheel's lighter comparwed to the heavy airbag modulated unit.

what company make's a small but thick rim steering wheel that accomodate's the factory airbag?..none??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts