Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for good winter tires to put on my 2004 Tib since I am spinning my wheels right now in the snow. I am not looking to spend more than $125 to $150 per tire. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
687 Posts
BY FAR BEST TIRE EVVAR!

Michellin X-Ice.

You can get them with a lifetime warranty @ Costco for 410 installed for the whole set if you use their 60 dollar off coupon. I'm currently using the Dunlop M3 Winter Performance Sport tires, and I miss my X-Ices I used to have on my other car even though they're 3x the cost and supposedly a better tire.

What kind of conditions do you usually have where you are?

Howie~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Minneapolis area of Minnesota.... Our first snow storm was Saturday and dropped 6 to 8 inches of snow. I step on the gas and my tires just spin. I don't even need to rev it up either. I get almost no traction in snow with the tires that were on the car when I bought it 2 months ago.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The X-Ices saved my ass more than once. They do great in straight lines, but I was always intimidated by sliding because studs rarely do well when turning. I was surprised with the X-Ices, and very pleased. I was using them on a AWD Talon, and that might be a little different, but my car did better in winter Auto-X than some of my friends who drive similar cars and perfered the Blizzaks.

We have similar conditions then... Snowstorm, then packed snow/ice... They should do you well

Howie~

P.S. Don't get the Dunlop M3's... They're not too good :'( Waste of good money

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Tibs Winter Tires

I just bought some Blizzak WS-60s and put them on a second set of 16" rims. I would recommend these tires to anyone. The day after they were put on we had an ice storm and not once did I slide. The whole package with rims and tires cost me a little over 800 bucks, but now I have the opportunity to put some sticky summer tires on the stock 17"s.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The X-ices are ok I like my Nokian tires as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts