Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm extremely interested in how they feel and the modding life on one of those v6's are like :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
08 tib is identical to 07 tibs.

They are great, but the beta II is more responsive to modification.

for big numbers there is two ways to go with these cars tho.

way one i4 w/ turbo = big numbers
way two v6 w/ supercharger = big numbers

but like i said above tho, the i4 is much more responsive, easier to pull more power out of.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always thought we would be able to get more out of a v6 but if you get more power off of turboing a beta engine then I'm better off swapping my accent.

·
Registered
959 Posts
the i4 has the big quick cheap hp/iq numbers. the v6 requires alot more money and the numbers arent as big.

the v6 does NOT take forced induction well without upgrades and you will not get much out of it for long without upgrading first.

ie... ive put over 20k into my engine. full internals. stage 1 intake, big bore, turbo and sup charger, cai, dc through flow headers/cat, ark n2 exhaust. and then you have to include all the support equipment. like injectors, fuel rails, cam gears, belts, camshafts, crankshaft. it all added up for me. weight reduction with pulleys and such. light flywheel and stage 3 clutch.

my hp is 524 right now and i feel like im pretty close to the limit if not already there. we've seen on this site i4's with over a thousand.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow those are some huge numbers to consider, thanks for saving me time and money.
I guess I'm sticking to the beta swap accent idea :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
look at it this way if you are just going to throw a few bolt on parts at it and not seriously hurt your wallet then get the V-6 but if you are talking 250+hp and at least $5000 to be put into the car then go 4cyl because with the addition of a turbo to a 4cyl you are allready faster than a V-6 for cheaper and you aren't risking blowing up everytime you take your car out

but to me i just can't beat the sound of a na V-6 shooting down the long straight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts