Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up.. im new to the forum thing and i was just wondering if anybody could help... im looking to get a lil more power with out spending alot of money... thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
have u done your bolt on's? intake header and exhaust?

if you've done that maybe look at some mild cams or just getting a piggy back and tune what u have

·
Registered
464 Posts
pat01tib, you've said it correctly: a little more power without spending alot of money. If you are hoping for 10HP for <$100 you have chosen the wrong brand of car, unless you are a hard-core DIY'er.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I always do too things, (assuming the car is mechanically sound)
1. Lighten the car....I buy light weight or "racing" batteries, which usually
weigh between 15 - 21 pounds. Stock batteries are heavy. Leave the
spare and jack at home if you are driving in town and your tires have good
tread....that save 30 lbs itself. Take stuff off/out you don't need.
2. Some kind of intake, usually cold air intake. You can make them yourself
for cheap, lots of examples on any car forum. Basically a cone filter plus
some kind of intake tube. I have used a short-ram on my Suzuki Aerio,
and it works... for the Aerio. They're cheap to make too if money is tight.
3. Later you can work on the exhaust system, which I find is trickier to tune.
You can lose hp and torque there, so it's more of a shot in the dark than
the basic intake, results are harder to call without careful tuning.

·
Registered
481 Posts
WARNING Ive completly stripped my car of eveything and it was for nothing. My car only has my driver seat, instrument cluster, steering wheel and half size battery in the trunk and all that did was make my car louder and less comfortable.I removed carpets, panels, dashboard,passenger seats and seat belts, tar from floor boardscenter consol and 10lbs of wires from the harness after I removed the radio and A/C. You have to lose 100lbs to gain a tenth of a second on the track. My opinion. Its not worth it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
accents are more structurally heavy,

it aint no golf, where pullin panel's and sandbags on the floorboards make a day and night difference in handling

the best you could try to lighten up the accent is give up a few luxuries like power steering and a/c,

·
Registered
686 Posts
accents are more structurally heavy,

it aint no golf, where pullin panel's and sandbags on the floorboards make a day and night difference in handling

the best you could try to lighten up the accent is give up a few luxuries like power steering and a/c,
lol @ an accent being heavy... :)
he's saying all the accents weight is in the frame n the body, not on removable part, thus weight reduction is hard.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
the Accent is so much lighter than a Golf..even lighter than a MINI...dont waste time lightening it up...just give it more power and you'll be fine...besides for a lil 4 banger the Accent is pretty trqy...so it doesnt need to be light like Hondas do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts