Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have never owned, or looked too much into Hyundai's. My previous experience is with Hondas/Mustangs. I am in the market for a sedan and came across a 2001 Sonata GLS. I read on carsdirect.com that it has a 170hp V6..How is the powerband on these cars? What do they run stock in the 1/4? How about reliability? Like I said, this is my first time looking into a Hyundai and have no clue hehe

Travis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey hows it goin. I own a 2001 Sonata. It is a very good car. I am not sure about the 1/4 times but she does move when you kick her down. The only thing I didnt like about the car is the cup holder. You will see if and when u get one. Also you reallyhave to let the car know when it is time to get up and go. The car can be a little timid for passing if you have a lite foot. Dont get me wrong when you learn how to drive it youll love it. For in town its smooth and quiet. The interior is ok a little old school Corola ish but you can modifiy. I would deffenty sugest people to buy this car. Just so u know you can get them pretty cheep. I picked mine up for 6500.00 with a 100 Ks now it will be hard to find but alot of people dont know what they have. So your best bet is Private or if you know a dealer that can give you a break. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts