Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya i finally broke down and decided to Lower my car. Goin with the Eibach Pro Kit springs, havin Les Schwab install em cause i have an account with them and there just gonna add the lowering cost to my account. Its a 1.2" drop and i have 17"x7" wheels with 205/40R17 tires will i have any problems with rubbing?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
No I wouldnt imagine only if you took on a couple of passengers though or if you hit a bump or pot hole might be a problem.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
You have a problem with being a bitch. LOL

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude Jarred dont be mad if i had the cash id drive out to vegas and buy your springs. But i dont have cash and this is goin on credit so i dont gotta pay it right now. Someone will buy them.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump! Alright i need some info, is my car gonna rub hella bad with it lowered and my wide ass rims and tires or not. I drive fast and i corner hella hard sometimes. Help me out please. I know the don's got 18"s on his car but not sure if hes lowered or not.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I told you that you will most likely rub around corners. Especially if you have a system in your car.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, how do i roll fender lips? Its rubbin hella bad in the corners and one of my tires has a groove in it, not cool!

·
Registered
737 Posts
you will rub pretty bad from my experience, I had 205/45/16s on 16x7s and it rubbed bad in the rear but there is a solution, mine was going with a 205/40/16 tire and I haven't had any rubbing in a few years but if you still want to run 17s then:

it isn't really the quarter pannel lip you need to worry about(mine I ground flush with the outer portion of the quarter pannel just in case for width of the tire) this still might be a good idea to do but wasn't necessary for myself.
there is a bumper mount that will rub located right in the way, you might need to shave it down a bit or relocate it, tom(baggedaccent etc) relocated his bumper mount and never had any problems with running his 17s. 18s might be a little difficult especially matching the tire profile because i'm sure with the 17s your speedometer is off and I don't think there are many people that offer an 18x7.

so it is up to you there a few solutions, the problem is the eibachs are pretty soft so they still allow a good bit of roll which causes the rubbing. if you were running a higher spring rate you wouldn't have a problem with rubbing but it would be a stiff ride. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Speedo is dead on for me 17x7 205/40's at 75 mph. Its been checked against another stock accent (Matt were the hell are you?) from Norcal Hyundai

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya my speedo is dead on with stock also, and your right it is the bumper mount im gonna take the grinder to it and shave it down some this weekend and hope it helps. BTW im runnin 17x7's with 205/40R17 tires, 45 series are too big for an Accent, the speedo would be way off.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i keep forgetting you all have lc2 gts with 14 inch wheels stock even so what is your stock tire size? 185/60/14? with my 16s i'm just under the factory steelie/tire combo when it comes to overall diameter. when we first got wheels for the car we had 17s with 205/45 tires that came with it and the speedo/odometer was way off, we went on a 1500 mile road trip and every 200 miles we were off 30 miles to the friend we were driving with.

yep try the bumper mount trick and I think that should solve your problems.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya ill check it out tonight. Ill try to post pics too.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If you need help finding clearance I'll walk you through what I had to do to fit the 18's. I am not lowered, but I have a significantly larger radius so my tire sticks way the hell up in the wheel well anyways in the back. I had no issues in the front. 215/35/18 on a 18x7.5 rim.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes please Floyd i need serious help (and not just the mental kind either) Jump on AIM if your still awake and tell me what needs to be done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
im going to be doing a 2 inch drop on my car but i have 14 inch stock hubs so ill have no problem with rubbing and most likely keeping my car sleeper minus my hood. love my cf too much. o ya that is coming prolly next month so ill post if/when i get it done....doing it at school if you wanna watch pat.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mike, Ive got my stock 14" GT Alloys with Kuhmo tires in my garage, they have less then 500 miles on em. Ill let em go for a reasonable amount. Get my cell number from Pat if your interested and give me a call.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You should have known you were going to Rub Adam.. Hope you get the problem fixed we need you at the meet. Well, not really but it would be nice for more accents to go. = ) Yeah Mike just let me know what day your doing it and that im not in class.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i would love to have the stock rims on my car....what price range are we talking cause i just paid 350 dollars for new tires on my car... but gimmi a price range and we will talk.

[Edited by WhiteAccent on Jan 28, 2006 5:45 PM]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinkin around 100 per wheel/tire. Let me know if your interested the price is negotiable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts