Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about installing an msd box when i thought of my nitrous system thats already in. the NOS site says not to use with devices that advance ignition timing. thats what the msd box does correct? multiple spark discharge (MSD)? would it be safe to install the sport compact box or do they have a specific way to set it up or what? any info would be gr8t, thanx

·
Registered
616 Posts
what you need to get is the MSD dis-2 box #6211 and tach adapter #8912. you can get both for about $450 out the door from summit racing. i have them installed and you can set your rev limits and actually set the rpm you want the ignition to automatically retard itself for boost or nitrous applications like you have it even has ignition kill for theft protection. i had a 50 shot of nitrous and i never had a problem with it as long as you install correctly and set everything up right youll be ok... and trust me you CANT go wring installing this kit its easy. here are some pics of mine.

Reactions: Kemperle

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thanx, exactly the response i needed. 450 from summit. i'll be orderin tonite. thanx for the info man. have u been higher than 50? i have:devious: but the only problem with that was a theory. a theory called the big bang theory.:surprised: yea, 75 more than once will blow it. but i have a new one and runnin 35 shot safely:D

·
Registered
616 Posts
no problem im here to help, be sure to get that tach adapter or your ignition wont fire.

[Edited by matt1840 on Mar 23, 2005 5:31 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will this setup also allow me to connect an aftermarket tach like an auto meter w/out havin to get the signal directly from the ecm? and how do u set it for starter kill (theft prevention)?

[Edited by thegrim on Mar 23, 2005 6:33 PM]

·
Registered
616 Posts
its not actually a starter kill... the starter will turn over and actually crank the motor, its an igniotn kill that kills all the connection between the ecu and the coils so no spark is distributed to the plugs. to set up the ignition kill all you have to go is take the blue or brown wire from the msd box cant remember which one exactly but it says in the instructions and connect it to a switchable ground. which means ground it but put a switch inbetween the box and the grounding point. and about the aftermarket tach YES it is setup for a direct plug in for the autometer tach no having to tap into the ecu.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can i also use the shark racing adjustable cam sprocket with the msd and nitrous setup? and it still be useful.

·
Registered
616 Posts
rpm's climb alot faster throttle response improved drasticaly, smoother idle and mid to high rpm you can feel a difference dont forget plugs and wires ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
what you need to get is the MSD dis-2 box #6211 and tach adapter #8912. you can get both for about $450 out the door from summit racing. i have them installed and you can set your rev limits and actually set the rpm you want the ignition to automatically retard itself for boost or nitrous applications like you have it even has ignition kill for theft protection. i had a 50 shot of nitrous and i never had a problem with it as long as you install correctly and set everything up right youll be ok... and trust me you CANT go wring installing this kit its easy. here are some pics of mine.

What kind of sway bar is that and where can I get one?

·
Registered
2 Posts

also the 8912 is discontinued now, would an 8913 work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts