Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did this last night, going to be going turbo in dec but figured why the hell not since I had the parts lying around.

And looking at the pics, chicago is hard on my car, looks like I am going to be cleaning up a lot of stuff when we are doing the timing belt and installing the manifold.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ok few problems

1. that is horrible on the maf since the air will be so turbulant
2. heatshield does nothing but block incoming air
3. youll see almost no added hp just more noise

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the heatshield already is off, looked stupid.

The insides are all butted smooth, there are no cuts, there is pipe snugged up between each one.

The air should not be to turbulent, but if it is, how would you make it so it's not??

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
extend the pipe some having the filter that close to the maf can damage it(ive seen more bad mafs working at hyundai cuz of that than i have with cai and short rams)

remember the maf is one of the most critical aspects of how your motor runs so you gotta baby it :rambo:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What type of car is it? Looks like an X3... I highly recomend a Tiburon MAF, especially if you're going turbo.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's an 01 1.5 litre.

Thinking about it, is it a wiring nightmare of plug and play, I am only doing plug and play at the moment, (yes, the turbo I consider a plug and play)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Tiburon MAF will plug right in. No wiring. I had one on my 1.5 8D MUCH less restrictive, especially in higher RPMs. It'll run like **** for a few minutes after you change it out, but after the ecu gets used to it, it'll run fine. Check out some local junk yards, see if they have one. I wouldn't pay the rediculous price I hear about at dealerships. I'd give you mine, but it's going on the Beta motor.

Actually, I take that back... When I was looking under the hood of Jonas' 01 LC, it was a bit different than the older 1.5's. Intake manifold, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body and MAF were all different. I suppose you could always rewire it since they are all Bosch sensors, but yeah, I don't like wiring either. :dead:

[Edited by DynastyAccent on Nov 23, 2005 4:24 PM]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts