Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been covered before some time back.... I just can't find the thread now. How would one go about swapping from a MAF to a MAP system on a 1993 S-coupe? looking to go with a bigger turbo and want to eliminate the restriction in the intake. any thoughts are appreciated here.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i'm not sure if will work with the scoupe but using a bigger maf housing would surely cure your issue. I am using the maf from a 2.0 beta motor on my x3 which is 2.75 inch diameter. I've always been a fan of maf sensors vs map. Map sensors have always been hard to tune with. The people that created the missing link have made a fortune off of this. Unless your maxing out the capability of the stock sensor then you have no reason to upgrade to anything else.

In the sr20det community they upgrade from stock to a 300zx turbo maf and if that runs out of capability they go to a mustang maf. None of it is because of restriction its because of sensor range.

If you want to do it right, go with some sort of standalone that uses a map based system like the aem, or for much cheaper a megasquirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts