Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has a wiring schematic for a beta MAF and a maf on a 1.5l.

I found a beta powered elantra today and stole the injectors.. MAF and throttle body off of it. I'd like to wire it to my other Accent which I am turbo'ing and will be my daily driver. My first accent is getting a bit out of hand since I'm having custom crank/rods/cam made so I can stroke it.

Back to the topic at hand. I'm turboing this daily driver and want to run the beta injectors (I can splice those in easy).. and want to use this beta maf. The car is a 2001 accent. The maf has a 5 prong connector. The beta maf has a 4 prong connector. I'm sure the extra prong on the accent is just an extra ground or something. Does anyone have the wiring schematic's of these 2 maf's so I can splice in the beta maf connector as well? Or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ThaSilvaL
[body]
i wired up the injectors easy but i did not wire the maf, you need the beta maf and intake temputure sensor
[/body]
I have the maf, I guess I'll have to go back for the temp. sensor. Do you know where I could at least find wiring schematic's to compare the two?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i tried hmatech but i couldnt find nething, i ended up selling my beta maf and running my stock maf, i run rich idle it sucks i need to figure out how 2 wire it up as well

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to get ahold of a shop manual as well as the ETM (electrical manual). This should have the information we're looking for. I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought I'd try again. Does anyone have the maf pin out for the beta maf (at the connector).. and the 1.5l LC maf pinout (at the connector).

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
This should help alot....
Look at the connector, 5 pins
Middle pin (#3) = ground
now im not sure if its from left to right or right to left, use a multimeter and check one of the first two pins while the car is running for a signal of .7 to 1.1 volts. You just found the maf output signal. Thats pin # 1. Now :

Pin 4 = power supply should be 5volts.

Pin 5 is the intake temp sensor signal......

Pin 4 is a sensor supply voltage.

There you have it... You can thank me for taking my time to dig this info off webtech one piece of info at a time ;):

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by omgbossis21
[body]
This should help alot....
Look at the connector, 5 pins
Middle pin (#3) = ground
now im not sure if its from left to right or right to left, use a multimeter and check one of the first two pins while the car is running for a signal of .7 to 1.1 volts. You just found the maf output signal. Thats pin # 1. Now :

Pin 4 = power supply should be 5volts.

Pin 5 is the intake temp sensor signal......

Pin 4 is a sensor supply voltage.

There you have it... You can thank me for taking my time to dig this info off webtech one piece of info at a time ;):
[/body]
bleh and here I thought they would have an electrical pin out schematic like almost every other TSM I've purchased for other cars.. That's what I get for assuming.

Thanks for digging it up.. appreciated. My daily driver thanks you too.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
No problem, keep me updated how it works out!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
That sucks. Sorry , I tried =-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts