Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 2002 1.6 LC Manual Transmission

I want to keep my car in good shape its my daily commuter and my baby. Maintenance on my car has so far consisted of on time oil, filter, air filter changes and tire rotations. At the miles that my car has should I be changing spark plugs and wires or just the plugs. It seems to be doing good maybe running a bit rougher but not much. Also what other wires should I consider other than Magnecor? According to a lot of topics on these forums they're one of the best but I can't afford them right now. I will go with NGK plugs but also not sure yet on the Iridiums or the V-power or Platinums. It will depend on the total.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
you'd be wasting your time with iridium and platinum in the Accetn in my opinion. unless you are running a nice wire set.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll look in to getting some Bosch plugs. Can I change the plugs alone at this time or does it have to be the plugs and wires at the same time?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You can do them seperate of eachother, just stay away from the Bosch +4 I ahve seen those cause more problems than they are worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what problems with bosch +4 have them in my 01 tib seems ok after 20000 km but am getting some quirky revs coming back to idle from higher rpm's (most likley iac) just interested so as to know what to look for. thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was using bosh platinum 2's, and it was kinda meh after a fairly short while. I switched to plain normal NGK plugs, and I've been fine, aside from a cracked exhaust collector, ever since. I also just switched to magnacore wires, as really they're not that much more than a generic set or two...and they'll last me for quite a while, if I read right. ^_^

Stick double or 4 electrode stuff in if you want to go a long while without changing plugs, but that's about all they do. Copper ones, in my experience, work just fine and are a lot less expensive. Save your money for the expensive maintainence..like the timing belt. x.x Iridum is a lot like copper, except they last longer. About as conductive, if I remember right? In any case, the question being is, do they last long enough to be a better buy than a few sets of copper ones?

In the future, you'll also have to change transmission oil. Redline is what I'd recomend, cause it's what I put in my car. I used to have problems going into first at anything over 5 mph. Now though? like, 10-15 and it's going in. O.O It's good stuff!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts