Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search for this and found nothing, if someone knows the like please just post it.

Otherwise. I was thinking of making my own strut bars for my LC2 and I wanted to get a feel from you all on this.
From looking at the designs of them they seem rather simple to manufacture. I am not a smart man though when it comes to cars so if there is something i'm not seeing or don't know let me know.
Otherwise I am gonna try to make it this weekend most likely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had the same thing on my mind. although there are some strut bars out there for your car and mine, they are rather expensive. me and a couple of friends are going to try to make one.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Measure three times cut once. You will need a flat piece of steel that you can cut and drill the holes for the srut bolts. You will also need some rather thick steel bar to weld to the plate and go across the car. I dont know if your intake will be in the way or what. Lots of planning i see in your future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should be a good time. I will off course take many photos and if all is well i will post a DIY.
I was thinking of using a 1/4 inch steel pipe instead of flat metal. Do you forsee a problem wth that.
I was looking for cheap and easy.8D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give you a call and we can set something up for Sat

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Guys look around FlyRyde.com We work with Hotshot Performance, and if you want a strut bar, we'll get you exactly what you want, how you want it. I know there's gotta be a close member to us in southern california.

Let me know what you think. I'll let you guys see the updates of our up and coming front and rear strut bars, our roll cages, H braces, etc. We have tons of stuff in the works, and a great bunch of businesses we work with. Hit me up if you want to discuss any ideas for the Accent. [email protected]

·
Registered
572 Posts
For sure dood, I want some underbody bracing under the motor, and a three way brace(struts and firewall connected)....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts