Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if i would have any problems if i mounted 205/40/17 on my car. Also does anyone know if the new gen miata coilovers would fit on an MC Accent cause my friend isn't going to use his anymore.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those are big wheels for an accent i think it would look funny. A bit roller skatish look. Could get rub but I don't know for sure. MC might have a bigger wheel well then the LC2 which I have.

·
Registered
67 Posts
N0TS0iNTELLiG3NT said:
just wondering if i would have any problems if i mounted 205/40/17 on my car. Also does anyone know if the new gen miata coilovers would fit on an MC Accent cause my friend isn't going to use his anymore.

Can't answer your post, but I like the big wheel look on a small car. Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lol. well anyway you know how the new MC accent looks like an older civic. i think dropped and rims would make it look more aggressive. i guess when i buy new tires and bolt it on ill post up later with pics =]

and does anyone have a comment on using the miata coilovers on an MC? i really dont want to lift the car just to measure the strut. lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 205/40/17 on my accent.
they fit fine, no rub at all, but i did need to put 1/4inch wheel spacers on the front to get around those stupid bolts.

i did have 225/45/17 in my car--and those rubbed like hell, even after hours of custom work--

and good luck with those coil overs, I've searched the world for coil overs made for the accent, but have had no luck so far...if you get them to fit let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
frick...i guess im going to have to lift the car and measure. well ill post pics and stuff if it works. i just waiting for the balance machine to work at school so i can use it to mount my new tires on my rims.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well anyway, i saw in "Performance, Auto and Sound" that 18s would look fine on the MC accent, so im gonna go through with it as soon as my new tires come in.

anyway put on the miata coilovers (99+) on the front two because we couldnt fit them on the rear two. (the spring is unbelievelbly tiny). but it gives a mean drop on the front. im talking crazy nice tire hugging drop.

I have yet to mount the tires and test the new coilovers with it on, but on the stock wheels (front are 185/60/14 rear are 175/60/14) when i go over LARGE bumps fast i can hear scrapes. other than that the coilovers make the car oversteer more, which i find fun and am starting to enjoy. lol.

ill post pics later on tonight with the drop and all, but it would be better if someone found a more compatable coilover.

also im looking for rear drop springs so my car wont look like a "bitracer". if anyone knows where i can pick up just the rear two let me know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
N0TS0iNTELLiG3NT said:
You'll have no problems with those tires. I had the same size on my SR and it's lowered aand no issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ractive miata coilovers work good BUT, on the highest setting your car will look tucked already.

i used NRG Honda Accord Coilovers for my car, because it makes more sense, because they have a higher spring constant and freelenght.

a friend is working on getting me some tein springs so ill let you know how that goes.

oh and theres only a damper in the back...no strut tower. the spring is set seperatly and im trying to figure what we can do about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts