Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Megasquirt prob(stock ecm give me a prob..need help!)

hello, i have installed msnextra on my car, ms1 v3 , control fuel only for now..all sensor is ok, rpm,iat,cts,o2,tps.

my problem, i donT are able to put good setting
i have tested many config in constant
2 or 4 squirt per engine cycle...4 squirt run better but i have experienced backfire and a lot of smoke in my hood..
i have tried alternating or simultaneous ...best result alternating on 4squirt/cyces.
for the fuel req is 14 for 2squirt alternating and for 4s/alter best result is 9
...i am a little bit tired by config...
the car don't start good when my idle is fine...and start good when my iddle is poor...

i have my stock injector for now but the pressure is at 70psi ...or my injector cc is around [email protected]

with my stock computer all is fine but in boost i need more fuel..but now the car is undriveable..

all help is very apreciated.. i want msq file for help my config..
i read and reread manuel but..without improvement...
thanks for fast help
my motor is 1.6L 16v
turbo is kkk03 a 8psi
stock injector @70psi

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I'd start by getting larger injectors and lowering the fuel pressure. At 70psi, the stock injectors are going to have problems cycling correctly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
he dont start with this setting whitout give a trottle...but he start with trottle and the iddle is middle good...

i have another prob...when i start to run...the first 100 meter is good...the car run solid and good acceleration...but after this 100 meter when put trottle the car hesitate and my boost goto 8psi at very low rpm and at very low trottle but no acceleration...or very poor accel, i tried to change my VEtable but is allways bad...i am very unhappy...my car is undriveable...i have datalog many run and pass into megatweak for refine my table but no good change...

i don't understand why my car run good for first 100 meter and after he run poorly...and made backfire is i need little more trottle

oh and i have tried whit less injector pressure...no change on quality... only more difficult to start

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i have question, i have wired injector 1-2 on inj 1 and injector 3-4 on inj 2 ..is ok or is 1-4 on inj 1 and 2-3 on inj 2??? i read on manual and is write the wiring is 1-2 3-4 but i read on msextra forum and many people say is 1-4 2-3...for good injection on firing order 1342 help me please

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
oh and i have tried whit less injector pressure...no change on quality... only more difficult to start
If you lower the pressure with the same injectors, you won't get enough fuel. You need to use larger injectors to lower the pressure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My injectors are wired 1-4 bank 1 and 2-3 bank 2 but I think it really makes no difference. It sounds like you are really lean under boost. If you raised your VE table and it still runs bad then you probably need larger injectors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but he run very bad.....he run crappy like a tractor...when i am on no boost too....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my troble is not the size of injector...i know my injector is too smal to give me good af in boost but i have replugued my stock injector wiring to stock ecm and the car run fine...

on ms i need 12 to 16 req fuel for running but i need 60 in ve table for have good idle....but it's crapy and smell gaz ....i will rewiring 1-4 2-3 for testing

stay tunned

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all exaust port is very hot...in dark i see glow at the flange of the turbo....i never see this with my stock ecm...appear i am lean...but my narrow o2 is very rich and it,s smell gaz ...and i have backfire in exaust. i go rewiring my injector now..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have plugued my wiring in 1-4 2-3 and the car run a little bit better...i have found my pinking prolblem, it'S the accel...when i put 20v on threshold for desactived accel/decel my engine run better....i see little fluctation between 6 and 7% on tps and this fluctuation active accel enrich.. but i don'T able to put good VE value...my minimum ve is 60... if i put less the engine run very bad...but...at 60 my narrow band o2 is a little rich.... but after many test in ve table, i decide to take a little run...and the a/f is little rich allways or very rich....and the power is very very poor....30-40hp on by butt dyno...i have tried another thing..i put 1-4 injector on megasquirt and 2-3 on stock computer...my idle is perfect, the power is very better....a little bit better than only stock ecm...but he make big backfire when decel...it's normal decel dont turn on and big amount of gaz unburned explod in my exaust...

do you give me your ve table for test?
i will install tonight or tomorow a switch for select stock ecm or megasquirt...i need know if stock commputer badtrip when he see no injector ...i will put 15 omh resistor is if the case..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
hey i have found the source of my problem, i run stock ecm for timming...and on my odb2 usb reader i read when my injector is switched to ms ecu my timming go back very big...i read -30 degree to 3 degree and when i am on stock ecm my read is 0 to 35...

i have found this because in my last test run today i have stalled and when i have restarded the engine i have but trottle at 3/4 same as habit(usualy my best power is estimated at 30-40 hp with my butt dyno) and... infamous the acceleration for 15-30 sec.... i never see this sort of acceleation in my last car (mazda mx6 v6 14.56 1/4 miles) wow but...what is the trouble....my computer retard timing ...i have idea..i will put resistor of 15 omh between stock ecm injector wire and +12v of the injector for trick the ecu ..it'S good idea or?

and thanks for your table warp21...it's a good help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HEY !!! My car run very fine now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have installed 4 15omh resistor 1/2 watt in sandwich between 2 little heatsink on my stock inj 1 2 3 4 ecm wire and..it's awesome...my VE is very close to perfect tune...and at 65 psi of fuel my injector is OK....duty cycle of 95% at 6000rpm at max boost but my A/F is very good! i am happy!!!:):):):):)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts