Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Doc. My gf hurt her lower back somehow and no one knows how to relieve the pain. :depressed:Its right around her waist from her spine to the ribs. She has tried going to the chiro and has taken 800 mil motrin but niether helped the pain. Any ideas or stretches that would help? Thanks

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
How did she hurt her low back?

Has she had X-rays and or an MRI?

She needs to fresh fruits and vegetables (raw): like pineapples (has bromelain a natural anti-inflammatory), red tipped dark green leaf lettuce (phytonutrients for healing the body), spinach, kale, escorole, cabbage, collard greens, red bell peppers, watermelon, onions, and brussel sprouts.

Have her drink 3/4-1 gallon a water a day.

If she only went to the chiropractor one time or a couple times. She most likely needs to go more. I've had to treat some very bad cases of back pain 3X/week for 4 weeks till the pain started decreasing.

For physical medicine modalities:
Electrical muscle stim. (hivolt and or pre-mod to decrease pain and muscle spasm)
Ultrasound (facilitate tissue healing)
Ice as needed while inflammation is present 20 minute on and 1 hour off, then 20 minutes on and 1 hour off.
After the inflammation is gone then moist heat is used same time frame on/off as ice.
Chiropractic adjustments when indicated (to increase ROM, decrease pressure on nerves like pulling, twisting, and or the classic pinching).
Rehabilitative exercises that are given based on the physical problems found by an examination.

Supplements like the following:
Bromelain, Digestive enzymes taking between and with meals, and Omega 3's and their cofactors.

Have her avoid soda's, processed foods, caffiene products, and simple sugar foods (ex. sweets and bakery items.)

Typically when pain is this bad sometimes stretching exercises are counterproductive.

The first goal of therapy is to decrease the inflammation and muscle spasm. Which will help decrease pain.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Patrick if she isn't sure if she hurt her back or not, maybe she has a bladder infection? I've had them myself and the pain does go from the back to front. Tell her to try drinking cranberry juice, if that helps then you'll know thats what the problem was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts