Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my car has been acting up again, I replaced the plugs and the coilpack and when its moist out it misfires at low RPM's which is annoying trying to pull out and its sputtering. I have magnacore wires which are less than a year old.

I don't know what else to try, should I replace the wires? or perhaps just clean all the connections and maybe use dielectric grease on any of the connections relating to the ignition?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I WD-40ed all the electrical connections (to drive out moisture) and when I pulled the boot off cyl #3 the damn connector stayed on the plug and the boot and wire came off... so that was my problem and now magnacore is trying to give me the run around with warranty and such... such a pita

·
Registered
108 Posts
If they misfire basically only when moist that commonly is due to a crack in a distributor cap...unless of course its a distributor-less ignition. Then I'd look into split boots or something similar letting moisture in.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah, it's probably current leaking out of one of the wires into the moisture in the air. Take a spray bottle, fill it with water, and spray a fine mist around the wires. You should see the electricity arcing out of the wire.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Mine does it worse when hot. I'm going to get new wires, then I'm going to pull the coil pack from my friend's Accent and see if that fixes mine and replace if necessary.

·
Registered
147 Posts
make her cry more more morEore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts