Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... I'm looking to put mods into my 03 4 cyl tiburon... I want to be pushing around 170 hp... any suggestions??

Some things i had in mind are
Catback Exhaust
Stage 2 Clutch
Throttle Body

If you know of any good companies for this please help??

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
all those you mention,a cold air intake (C.A.I.)too and the intake camshaft from the 1.8 lt engine and an adjustable cam spocket and you 'll see around 162 hp on the flywheel.

·
Registered
237 Posts
all those you mention,a cold air intake (C.A.I.)too and the intake camshaft from the 1.8 lt engine and an adjustable cam spocket and you 'll see around 162 hp on the flywheel.
he has an 03 tib (which means it's a beta II) the 1.8 cam doesn't work on the beta II's. Intake, header, exhaust, adj. cam gear, big bore TB, port and polish Intake manifold, better clutch and a light weight flywheel might get you to 150 at the wheels N/A. I would suggest a low boost turbo setup to put you at about 200whp. but that'll cost about 3k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutch is a must for my car..... its finally just went at 65,000 miles...so im looking at a stage 2 but not sure which one yet

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would recomend ACT for a clutch. with the power request you are going to find that you are going to throw alot of money at the motor to get the power figure you want na, going turbo will save you the headache later on because it will get you there and more when you want more, if you are looking at a na motor the best mod would probibily be a reconstructed head to fix the emmissions freindly combustion chamber to a more power freindly design but good luck finding a good engine guy in your area that works for cheap

·
Banned
59 Posts
Hey guys.... I'm looking to put mods into my 03 4 cyl tiburon... I want to be pushing around 170 hp... any suggestions??

Some things i had in mind are
Catback Exhaust
Stage 2 Clutch
Throttle Body

If you know of any good companies for this please help??

Thanks
If you're gonna stay naturally aspirated, I suggest:

(1) CAI
(2) Cat-back exhaust
(3) Header
(4) Fuel tuner
(5) Lightweight pulleys
(6) Ported and polished intake manifold
(7) Re-grind cams (Crower)
(8) Light-weight flywheel
(9) ECU tuning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts