Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard mix views on this and looking for some more info... but would i be able to swap out of BETA motor and tranny out for a 4G63T (90-93 Eclipse Turbo 5spd AWD) but its a 2000 model GLS... if so what all would i need to modded on the car

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Cyrus120z said:
ive heard mix views on this and looking for some more info... but would i be able to swap out of BETA motor and tranny out for a 4G63T (90-93 Eclipse Turbo 5spd AWD) but its a 2000 model GLS... if so what all would i need to modded on the car
Not possible. The mounts on the 4G63T are different plus the oreintation of the motor is opposite of what is on your current motor. tjhe 90-94 4g63 series motor is a 1st generation engine and the 2000 car has a 1st gen beta which is similar to a 3rd gen Mitsu 4 cylindar engine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Please search a bit. This has been thrashed out before.

The short answer is no. Lots of differences between the two engines. If you're going to spend that much money on a swap, just turbo the Beta. It's a lot easier, and you'll get the power you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
sciphi said:
Welcome to the forums!

Please search a bit. This has been thrashed out before.

The short answer is no. Lots of differences between the two engines. If you're going to spend that much money on a swap, just turbo the Beta. It's a lot easier, and you'll get the power you are looking for.
There are TOO MANY differences to list. I mentioned 2.

1. The orientation of the 1st gen 4G63T is the motor is on the drivers side of the US spec car. The 2000 Elantra Beta 1 motor is on the passenger side. I also think the rotation of the engine is different as well (not 100% sure on that one).

2. The engine and tranny mounts are different. Things won't bolt up.

For the same money, a turbo on the beta engine can be done.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With a J2, nothing.

Turbo and be happy that the Beta is a very happy and durable motor when swallowing massive quantities of air. 250 whp on stock internals is not a problem from what I've heard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts