Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for some one else. maybe you guys can help me out

I was wondering if the 1.5l alpha from an x3 is the same as the 1.5l alpha in the lc/lc2 In terms of plug and play?

I can have a motor from the x3 if I pull it myself and I'd kind of like to drive the accent at least 1 time before I jump into the Beta swap that way I could know how it handles, and performs in stock form. I'm not scared to swap the motor a couple times and I have time to learn because the beta swap isn't gonna happen until spring, it's getting late in the year and I'm only gonna have weekends to work on it after daylight savings time rolls aound because I don't have a garage.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm going to go ahead and say no. I say it only because sensors change slightly here and there between years and I think this guy is looking for a free engine to just drop in to get an X3 working in a weekend, no ? I think he'd be disappointed because I'm going to guess that something will not be "plug and play" like he wants.

But if it's free for him if he pulls, someone should give him a hand and we can find out for sure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for posting this for me Krazy

I'm trying to swap the x3 motor into my lc. I bought the car for 150 with a broken timing belt, and I'm gonna beta swap it over the winter I just wanted something in there so I can get a feel for the car in the mean time. I'm actually thing of rebuilding the 1.5 that 's in it now for boost and going beta later on down the road. But who knows.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah i think this even has it's own post ? either way, I don't think that those motors are going to be 100% compatibly. you could probably get it to work pretty easily, but might as well do all that work with a beta....

·
Registered
737 Posts
some sensors might be the same others might be slightly different. It will work but you will have to swap some parts over to get everything to work. Intake manifolds are different, fuel rails are different.... If you want to do it once you get both motors out look at the little differences and swap over the parts.

Also you better make sure you are swapping an x3 sohc with a lc sohc. All 2000 lcs and 01-03 L models were 1.5 sohc and from 01 gs/gl models to present lc2s were 1.6 dohc and x3 gt's were 1.5 dohc. this will also make a differance.

also if you are doing the beta swap eventually make sure to keep the extra sensors/parts in case you need them for future referance.

·
Registered
237 Posts
some sensors might be the same others might be slightly different. It will work but you will have to swap some parts over to get everything to work. Intake manifolds are different, fuel rails are different.... If you want to do it once you get both motors out look at the little differences and swap over the parts.

Also you better make sure you are swapping an x3 sohc with a lc sohc. All 2000 lcs and 01-03 L models were 1.5 sohc and from 01 gs/gl models to present lc2s were 1.6 dohc and x3 gt's were 1.5 dohc. this will also make a differance.

also if you are doing the beta swap eventually make sure to keep the extra sensors/parts in case you need them for future referance.
Thanks I knew the I/Ms were different and the fuel rail as well. I'm just gonna get the motor and see if I can make it work I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts