Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if a mottor cycle battery will work on my LC.
I want to take out that huge, carroded, heavy battery, and have a little more room to work with thats why I ask.

I've heard of evos running with motor cycle batteries.

but when I talked to my friend that has a civic he said I might need more power from the alternator to work the battery.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Do you race your Accent? Do you have any sort of sound system beyond stock?

Motorcycle and ATV batteries will work fine so long as you adapt the terminals to fit, but they are small and don't have a lot of charge. Forgetting to turn off your lights will kill one in short order, and for the most part you won't be able to play any sort of audio system beyond stock speakers with the car turned off w/o draining the battery dead. They do not tolerate being cold well, and in winter (if it gets cold there) you'll find its harder to start the car in the morning.

My opinion, unless you're autocrossing your accent and need every pound possible off the front end, is keep a full sized battery.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well I live in the valley where I never see snow, and all my speekers are stock so I guess Im good to go. :) more room in the engine bay will make it a lot easyer on me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Xs power series batteries by powersports make a 925 starter battery, should do the trick even if you had a stereo.

·
Registered
453 Posts
See previous post

·
Registered
737 Posts
i use a odyssey jet ski battery in my x3
it weighs about 12 lbs

mine seems to crank over fine in the winter here in the midatlantic but i've killed one off already from leaving the dome light on for a couple days when I was working on the car. Once you drain them down too far they won't hold a charge anymore.

for stereos you can't go wrong with a optima, i've had a red top in my lc for 6 years now with no problems. it is about the same weight as a stocker and i had to modify the battery tray to get it to fit.

the braille batteries are nice but check out the odysseys as well. Both are pretty pricey but the carbon cased braille is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
DAMN! thats pricy...

·
Registered
737 Posts
i told you its ridiculous
I think I paid 100 for my odyssey 13.2 lbs
PC625 Odyssey Battery

they also make actual automotive batteries but the 625 is what gimp had in the car so that is what I kept in it.

I know andy hollis uses a 6-7lb motorcycle battery in his autox cars but he lives in texas so i'm sure he doesn't have a problem with cold starts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts