Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 06 Sonata used. It has the MP3 CD player. I burned a CD with some MP3's on it but it didn't play in the player. I use Windows Media Player to burn it. I think I might have done something wrong. They gave me an 07 owners manual and said it was the same as the 06. I couldn't find any direction in the manual. What do I need to know about burning disc that will play in this stereo? Do they need to be put in folders or anything? Will the player show title info from an MP3 disc?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it works the same as any other MP3 car audio player, you should be able to simply write your mp3s to the cd, with or without folders. The filename will probably be what gets displayed on the screen. Oh, and make sure you 'finalize' the disc so that its closed - most players have a problem if not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
But since that he burnt it in Windows Media wouldn't come out to a wma. format, not an MP3 format?

OP, do you have another program that you can use instead of windows media, do you have like nero or something? Try something else rather than windows and see if it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts