Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 01 tib with a 2.0 and when i wired the msd dis II in, as instructed with the bypass plug installed, the car ran fine. then when i actually plugged in the msd, the car misfired pretty bad and was really shaky. has anyone else had any experiences with this product and if so, where did i go wrong?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have it wired in correctly, however how do you have your switches set. my car is pretty much stock as of right now, but with the defult setting (as said in the instruction manual) my ignition is overly retarded. any ideas?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Blue and brown wires NOT grounded.

SW1:
Dip 4 on, all others off.

SW2:
First 4 dips don't do anything because the blue wire isn't grounded, so doesn't matter what position they're in.

Dips 5 through 8 off.

SW3:
First 3 dips on.

Dip 4 off.

Dip 5 on
Dip 6 off
Dip 7 on
Dip 8 off

That last 4 set my rev limit at 7500rpm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, well i flipped the switches the way you have listed above and the ignition timing is still retarded. i think maybe there is something internally wrong with the box, but i cant be too sure

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
More likely, it's not wired correctly. It took me some decent time with the factory wiring diagram when I installed mine. Although a bad box is always a possibility.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see, i thought that i wired it incorrectly too, but my car runs fine when i unplug the box and put in the plug that converts it back to stock. Had I wired it incorrectly, it would not run correctly either way because all the plug does is redirect the wires to make it seem as if it were untouched to begin with

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Don't know what to tell you. If I were local, I'd come look at it. Maybe find someone near you with some electrical experience?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts