Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up my slanted H mfs,

Recently, I've been getting really into the idea of tuning/modifying my 05 tucson v6. Kind of dumb right? Well ppl that are "car guys" have told me not to do this, get honda or whatever they say is "better" than a hyundai. So save yourself the energy because I've already heard it before. They prob right but I don't really care lol. I've made this poor lil hyundai work its butt off in stock form for several years(i'm the 2nd owner, the first was an old lady that didn't drive it often) but now I wanna have real fun with it. Still just under 100k miles and have maintained it well but it'll be receiving a bit more tlc when it comes time for the turbo, yes a turbo going in that thing. I've already pulled the turbo out of some junkyard volvo v40, the turbo is in great condition and some porting and polishing with a good clean up I think it'll be a great set up that won't break the bank... or the engine right away lol. Before you ask yes its an auto trans(X,_ X) but a manual swap is planned for the future. Regardless, I'm not in a rush because I can manage with an auto and I'll wait till that tranny is on its last leg before I do that mainly because its shifting well and the fluids don't look or smell bad for 89k miles, due soon for a flush tho.

Now for the end game of my project... well there is none I'm just bored lol. That's a little to simplified, not far from the truth but I think this will be a fun science experiment to gain some skills and who tf mods a tucson.

Current setup as of post date:
Cold air intake
****ed up exhaust but it flows and sounds better than stock
Manifold swapped from stupid valved one to the simpler manifold
After market rims(same size rim as stock but look better and lower profile tires)
Cheap coil overs(waiting for them to arrive)
Turbo (waiting for time and money)

I don't know what the future will entail but if I play my cards right I should end up with a pretty quick **** box. If anyone that comes across this post wants to sprinkle in some tips I'm all ears.

Best of luck to the hyundai crowd

also does anyone know if the 05ish 4 banger and v6 share the same fwd trans mounting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
  • Maxpeedingrods lowering shocks for a Hyundai Tib will work with some modifications to the bearing carrier and the front upper spring retainer. ( they are a decent cheap option, will get a better set if i think necessary)
  • Honda v6 3.5l engine ( J35A4 ) injectors will work with some connector changes. ( these injectors have 8 holes in the outlet compared to the 4 in stock injectors. this is the easiest way I've found to balance the A/F mixture with a high flow intake and exhaust with out changing to a tunable ecu or chip modding stock, getting rid of those pesky P0171/174 obd codes )
  • turbo is still being worked on, once assembled I can begin installation

1 - 2 of 2 Posts