Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new here this is the first forum I have ever joined. At first I hated my car but but the more I drive it the more I love it had a few chances to trade it in and buy a new car but I just can't let it go now,its a 2002 with only 42k miles and I treat it like a baby she is well maintained.But I have some questions that by reading threads I have not been able to get answered. And I do not know to much about cars I have been learning as I go, I know many the basics and some of what I read in my monthly magzines.

So I will start with the first one. My accent leans a great deal when rounding corners, I wanted to swap out the struts and springs but I can't lower my car to much as we get big snow falles here and I have a hard time with my car being the hieght that it is. Is there any other way to stop this leaning?

Second I want to modify the outside of my car but can not find any hoods spoilers, can not add a body kit same reason as above. Is there anywhere I can find a hood or do I have to get one custom made? Does anyone have any ideas of other mods I could do? I already ordered tail lights.

Next Interior mods, I would like to find some nice seat covers leather have even toyed with the idea of having the seats redone in leather but don't know where to find anyone to do them with out costing $1000+, I have ordered reverse glow gauges switched out the shifter and pedels, would like to switch out the dash or paint it, is there any special paint i can use without it looking cheezy?

Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have a 2 dr or 4 dr? auto or manual trans? Upgrading the suspension would be a great place to start, I hear people feel quite a difference in upgrading the rear sway bar. On the exterior, lots of people like the clear corner headlights. For that you can DIY, I did mine myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for your reply.

I have a 2dr manual GS i believe. I already ordered carbon fiber JDM style tail lights should be here tomorrow. I would like to switch out the grill also but I've been having a hard time finding aftermarket parts. I am also waiting for my air intake to come.

·
Registered
54 Posts
parts for hyundai accent are tough to find it«,s not like honda civic,but try ebay,shark racing,B&M,there a lot of site where you can but some part.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you can use krylon fusion for the interior plastics...and i thought it was pretty funny that your getting 'jdm' tail lights as its a kdm car...but check ebay for some parts...i got a spoiler(kinda looks like a civic spoiler) from there and it fit perfect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx. the reason i got the jdm tail lights because i liked the darker look I don't care for the chrome look. I am planning on keeping my car dark colors. charcoal gray exterior with gun metal rims. and i want to do gray and black interior.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanx. the reason i got the jdm tail lights because i liked the darker look I don't care for the chrome look. I am planning on keeping my car dark colors. charcoal gray exterior with gun metal rims. and i want to do gray and black interior.
hooray for that man. chrome sucks in my book.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
there are a few hoods out there that are a bit more stylish, and a lot of carbon fibre OEM style ones

check this out perhaps
eBay Motors: 00 01 02 Hyundai Accent Fiberglass EVO6 Style Hood (item 160147447282 end time Jun-09-08 13:15:06 PDT)

krylon fusion is a good paint, but make sure you use a lot of coats or it will start to fade off with wear.

also try a strut brace, i got mine off of sharkracing.com and was very pleased with it. it will do more of you in the rear, but requires you to cut or remove body panels so a lot of people throw it in the front, still a big difference over stock. hope that helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of your replys.

One question about the krylon do you have to ruff up the surface be for painting?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today I intalled my Tail lights they are HOT, I will take some picks to add to my profile. Now just waiting on my Reverse glow siver gauges and my air intake. My rims and tires strut brace are on my list for end of May early June.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts