Registered
3,943 Posts
fuggin nice, i like it!

now for the engine... :evil:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine is coming along slowley so far i have a bbtb, cai, airram, performance pullys from SR, adjustable cam sprocket, and performance thermostat..

im gonna buy a new lower mileage engine and work on that and pop it right in or just buy a 91 elipse and put that in w/ alot of work.. but either way.. its gonna be nice!!.. ill take some pics of the engine when stops raining in the NY

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Holy hell, that's beautiful! Your Elantra has sure come along nicely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
black cat custom gauges?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
really sweet car..

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope... did the gauges myself.. im not paying $100 or more for gauges.. took me about an hour

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Always improving man.

How do you get the passenger air bag out? Do you have to remove the dash?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea.. i actually had an electrical fire b/c the lady who i bought the car off of.. the place that installed the alarm system cut into wires and they shorted out.. so i ripped off the dash and rewired every wire that got fried.. so in that time.. i ripped out the airbags.. painted the dash.. tore out the back seat. installed a box, and changed where the radio is to lower it down so the TV is higher, painted the door panels and working on the pillars at the moment

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it looks like the bumper is going.. its trashed.. a cat ran across the expressway and went thru the bumper and trashed the hell outa it.. not salvagable.. soo may the cat have a better life now.. and im gonna trash the f*ck outa the bumper.. now i have something to blow my airbag up on....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is what happens when a cat runs infront of your car doing 95

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
fuken a! musta been one helluva cat! :shocked:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That's why I never bought a fiberglass body kit.

I hit a cat going 60 mph about 2 years ago, I might have even posted here about it. It jumped across in front of my car hitting it in the same place, and there's not even a scratch. But there was blood and hair all over my bumper.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea there is plenty of blood and hair.. it sucks.. im going back to the stock bumper and making it somewhat a sleeper.. till i paint it.. but it sucks.. poor cat

·
Registered
163 Posts
poor kitty

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
F*ck the cat, poor bumper :(

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I wonder if Lexan is a suitable replacement for Aftermarket bumpers,