Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK not my car but my girlfriends '99 Accent. She went out to her car today after work and noticed a big crack right down the middle from the window to the center vents!!! WTF!!!! Must be from the heat here in Hawaii??
Figures that the 5/60 warr. ended this past July. :dead:
Anyone else have this happen.

·
Registered
718 Posts
LOLOL dude this happens to every 98-99 accent eventually when they're in hot climates mine is cracked already for like a year, even bought new one and happened again, So i said screw it and fiberglassed the hole damn thing and then put that gray speaker box material (the like really short carpety stuff) no more ugly crack and looks pretty nice plus kills reflection from sun off the dashboard.

·
Registered
328 Posts
hey phantom you gota pic of that?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by phantam
[body]
LOLOL dude this happens to every 98-99 accent eventually when they're in hot climates mine is cracked already for like a year, even bought new one and happened again, So i said screw it and fiberglassed the hole damn thing and then put that gray speaker box material (the like really short carpety stuff) no more ugly crack and looks pretty nice plus kills reflection from sun off the dashboard.
[/body]
Sounds like a good plan.
Let's see some pics!!8D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Accent1,

How can your car be Supercharged AND Turbo? Intercooled, OK I'll give you that - maybe. But it also has NITROUS!!!:??: LOL!!!
Come on........now THAT I would like to pictures of......... And then I want to see the video of you blowing your engine the first time your turbo spools up, supercharger kicks in with your XX shot of NOS spraying!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Will post a pic tonight i have to take my cam with me when im driving

·
Registered
328 Posts
here ya go cleanaccent if you looked around you would have ssen these pics!

and here's a recent pic from nopi nationals in GA just to prove that I do drive it!

there isn't any nitrous anymore I got rid of it but my new sponsor VENOM should come through this year I hope and then it will be back on the car!

OH yea I still would like to see the dash pics sorry I jacked this post!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice i wish we had Accents like that in the UK. i am also think that your alloys look like Tib wheels????

And getting back to the subject :) i think that is a heat thing with the dash as i have never heard or seen an accent with a cracked dash.

·
Registered
718 Posts
DAMN now i want to go to that race ...

U SEE thats why guys have pimp cars to have chicks like that stand near them :D god

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my 1999 Accent about 2 years ago, and it is my first car. About 3 months after I bought it, my dash cracked as well, I live in the Atlanta suburbs, where we are known for some heat. Another reason is that until my parents got divorced, and I moved in with my dad, my accent was parked out side, because my moms car and my dad's motorcycle got the garage. But now Its in the garage every night, and I have bought one of the windsheld heat reflector things. I still havew not fixed the dash, and don't know if I should get a new one or what I can do to fix it. I have a tan interior if anyone has a dash they might want to sell. I don't know if I'll bother, because as a graduation gift for myself I might just buy me an 04 Accent GT or a Elantra GT.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Same thing happens here in Oz. The ex had an X3 with a cracked dash. Probably why they went to hard plastic with the LC's

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in the Caribbean (Trinidad) and mine cracked also.I got the car this year used and it had the crack in it already.lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts