Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there, i am looking for the easiest way to get get more acceleration or power or just plain speed out of my 98 accent (sport edition)(1.5L)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, a quick way to open your intake, is to remove the piping that runs from the airbox to the hood. At least it makes it sound more open

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, thanks, ive done the intake thing lol, and ill try the apark plug thing and let ya know, but the intake "snorkle" as i call it seems to just give it a little more growl after 90k

·
Registered
463 Posts
i dont know about the intake cause when i disconnect my airbox it makes it run like ****

try exhaust and a header... if all ese fails, try NITROUS lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not be negative cause I love my accent it's peppy and all that good stuff but

Even with intake headers, and exhaust and spark plugs I wouldn't be suprised if you only get 5-10 hp max out of that. 5-10hp isn't anything you would notice. The Accents engine doesn't really take well to mods as in they won't produce great numbers by throwing a exhaust or intake on it. Anyone that wants to prove me wrong show my dyno graphs before and after.

The only way you're going to get HUGE numbers and improvement is by doing a Beta 2.0L engine swap. That's a good platform for mods.

This post sounds really negative didn't mean it to be it's just the way the cookie crumbles

Chears!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont diconnect the airbox, diconnect the piping that runs on top of the rad, it just slips off after two bolts, it slips on int the front bottom of the airbox :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
liveD said:
Not be negative cause I love my accent it's peppy and all that good stuff but

Even with intake headers, and exhaust and spark plugs I wouldn't be suprised if you only get 5-10 hp max out of that. 5-10hp isn't anything you would notice. The Accents engine doesn't really take well to mods as in they won't produce great numbers by throwing a exhaust or intake on it. Anyone that wants to prove me wrong show my dyno graphs before and after.

The only way you're going to get HUGE numbers and improvement is by doing a Beta 2.0L engine swap. That's a good platform for mods.

This post sounds really negative didn't mean it to be it's just the way the cookie crumbles

Chears!!

There are a few pp on here with proven reasults w/ N/A mods to their Accent. I myself have a post with dyno reasults posted: I/H/E and S-AFCII got me 104 to the wheels over a stock 87-90 whp.

Its also not true that a beta swp is the ONLY way to get HUGE numbers and improvments...again look at Rbrukers 1.6...hes got a turbo barly running 12 psi( not finished being tunned) and he had a 172 dyno result. The Accent doesnt need HUGE numbers in order to be fast...160 to the wheels should throw you back a bit and take out most cars on the road/track. Its all a matter of what you have in mind for the car. BIG numbers or reliable power?

·
Registered
183 Posts
The choice is yours i'm just pointing out another point of view. Not stating this to cause anger and a huge debate

All i'm pointing out is there will be the odd case of big numbers but I hate to point out the value isn't there. You spend all that money on I/H/E and a computer and you get 14 hp tops in your case. That's not value to me. Same mods on an RX-7 which is a 1.3L will get you double that gain.

Ultimately you drive an accent so do I, everyone will tell you through spending money on tuning your accent that it's not worth it I go through it everday with my tuning friends who drive 550WHP RX-7s. When it comes down to it do what you want to do have fun doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts