Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't totally sure where I should put this. I figured this was the best spot, since I drive an accent and this perticular part is very popular.

Ok guys, I've got an interesting question and story...

About 5 months or so back, I was with my friend in my fererri, we were cruising around and spotted some friends of ours. Well we joked with them and kind of chases them a bit in the car. Then my friend threw bbs at them. Like 10 or so. I had had a bb gun at one point but my dad had taken it so I just had left over bbs.

So we laugh and are about to leave, one of the kids brothers gets out of the car and hits my passenger then the kid who got hit by bbs takes a crowbar to my back window.

The result...

So this costs me about 150 bucks to fix, 300 total but insurance agreed to pay half. I have since figured out who the kid was but we never did really press charges.

Anyway, so the window is fixed and everything.

So this morning, I wake up and go down stairs. I eat my ganola bar, the cherry kind, was pretty good actually. We here a thump outside, like a door slamming. My mom had pulled the car in to warm it up, she had put the rear-defroster on. So, we figured my neighbor, whom I take to school, had got in the car. So I go out and sit in the car, I'm about to pull out when I look behind me.

The entire back window had shattered. Their was just a faint outline of where the window had been and the wiper was pushed in.

I freaked.

My mom had also told me from the time she pulled the car in, the window had been fine.

Actually, if I had gotten in the car a few minutes earlier, the window would of sprayed glass across the back of my neck. I didn't take any pictues of this one though and the company who did the first window did this one for free since it was under warrenty. We just claimed it was from going from cold to hot too fast.

Anyway, does anyone have a clue what happened?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah your explantion would actually most likely be right...depending on how cold it is. Did the company that replaced the window put a Hyundai OEM window/defroster assembly in? Or just one of their choosing? Because that happened with my dad's Buick after his car was fixed after some dumb*ss rear ended him really hard...but anyway the body shop that we have always used contracts their glass-work to another company that comes in a few times a week. This other company did not use the glass, nor the defroster assembly, that Buick uses, they just used a sh*tty copy. Apparently, the car's original window defroster grid(the Buick OEM one) operated at a higher temperature than the copy defroster grid/window was rated for, so when it went from a reallllly cold outside a warm garage with the defroster on, the window literally exploded from the change from the really cold weather to being heated up hotter than it was meant to be.

You got very lucky not being in that car. My sister was in my dad's back seat when the window exploded, and she had glass lodged in her neck and to the skull in the back of her head.

I woulda charged those kids *sses, but thats just my stupid-people-hatin' self lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well, the solution is to kick the kids butts before they even had a chance to take a crowbar to my window. If it was me, they would not have gotten close enough to my car, of course, I would not be throwing bbs at their car either.

The way I figure is this:
If someone was to throw bbs at my car, I would have simply grabbed the change out of my car, gone up to them, beat the heck out of them and make them eat a few pennies or the like. Of totally fvck up their paint. If one of my friends was doing that out of my passenger seat, then I would have stopped, kicked him out to let him deal with the people that he was throwing the bbs at. I would not help him. Of course, my friends have respect for other peoples property and would not have done that in the first place.

On the window side, I have had my passenger window shatter for no reason, so it does happen. Glad to hear insurance paid half. Me, I have free window replacement on mine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
what i don't understand is why you have an ACCENT if you own a FERRARI.
also if you were cruisning in your ferrari looking for your friends how did your ACCENT get smashed. Also you sust be an Idiot to be throwing bb's a poeple. i know bbs don't do anything when you throw them but smarten up kid. use your head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So to straighten out a few points.

I happen to call my accent a ferrari, its more of a joke really. Kind of back since I convinced a 10 year old my car had 500hp. I was exagerating a bit.

The window blowing up, the second incident happened before I even got in the car, I didnt even notice the window had broken till I was about to back out of the garage.

My friends and i threw bbs at these kids, but they were walking, not in a car. And we werent trying to hit them.

So yup. My mom had called and bitched the company about it, they didn't wanna deal with any legal problems, so they replaced it the second time free of charge.

Yet, the original time when they replaced it. We did tell them it was a Hyundai Accent with a rear defroster, I don't know if they even used the right window. I guess its just good I wasnt in the car in the long run.

So in total, heres a list of things that have happened since I got my hyundai...

1. Kid breaks back window with crowbar
2. Kids set off fire works in my front seat (i proceded to try and hit them with the accent while chasing them around on the grass of some school. They knew the neighborhood and managed to get away.)
3. Kids throw acorns at my car, denting sides and scratching paint. (Got them arrested)
4. Back window exploded in garage while warming up.

So, I seriously think my car is cursed.

[Edited by lpmatt618 on Feb 25, 2006 9:32 PM]

·
Registered
453 Posts
wow dude, where do you live? i'm staying out of there, it's car hell...

YES, your car is cursed, I think it has to do with the crowbar...

and by the way, your story telling is not adding up, but I think it's more entertaining this way...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by zeroindigo
[body]
wow dude, where do you live? i'm staying out of there, it's car hell...

YES, your car is cursed, I think it has to do with the crowbar...

and by the way, your story telling is not adding up, but I think it's more entertaining this way...
[/body]

I live in central Ohio, what do you mean by the story not adding up?

·
Registered
978 Posts
so you have "friends" that walk around with crowbars and throw bbs at them???? in central ohio???? I always knew there was somthing wrong with Ohio.

which city so I know where to stay as far away as possible? lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
you threw rocks at the kids, you laughed about it, and then there is a brother of their I guess that gets out of another car, even though the kids were walking, and hits your friend(with what I dont know, the car, the crowbar, his fist), , and then breaks your back window...

listen, I dont know why i commented on it, i'm a counselor of sorts and I talk to kids after they've been locked up and I'm used to looking for things that are incongruent and probling for more details to find out what really happened,.,.... so dont take it too seriously when I say that...

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
seems to me like they didnt install the glass properly the first time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Err, North of Robers i think, or south. Cemetary exit.

Ok, I'll say it again. I didn't really proofread my post.

My friend and I were in my car. We were driving around when we saw these kids walking on the sidewalk. I knew one of them. So my friend threw bbs at them as we passed them. Then later we went and parked. We saw them again and I flashed my lights jokingly. They ran inside the building(movies) and one kid called his brother. Brother shows up, blocks my car from getting out. He gets out of his car and attacks my friend. Other kid comes up with crowbar(which he found in an alley) and breaks my back window. They run off, I drive away.

·
Registered
978 Posts
well then here is your answer:

your back window broke because you threw bbs at 2 kids you did not know and 1 that you thought you knew but didn't. In short, your friend is an a$$ and you might just be (but you do not sound like one) even if you were just the driver.

[Edited by meee2yo on Feb 26, 2006 9:43 PM]

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
so your friends werent in a car, they were on a sidewalk? and the kid found a crowbar in an alley?:sleepy:

im going to have to wip out the shenanigans card.

[Edited by tibby01 on Feb 27, 2006 7:18 PM]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts