Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my accent at the exhaust house for about a month now, just after my crash which I got it fixed. I put a new turbocharger t15, a new forge intercooler, new piping, new exhaust cat back and new downpipe. I take my car and I'm going for a ride. The boost was 0,25 bar. So, I'm trying to raise it with my mbc. 0.4, 0.5, 0.7. I make a mistake and I boost the hell out of it. I see 1 bar of boost as my piggyback cuts off the boost preventing from going over 1 bar. Finally, I manage 0.7 and stay there. And then I decide to push it little hard to see how the car's going. 1st gear, I floor the gas and bang! white smoke and 3cyl symptoms. I pull over, and the car won't even move and makes a terrible noise from inside the engine. Result? Burnt gasket! God please have mercy on me. I haven't got my car for 2, 2.5 months now. The gasket was a custom one to achive the desired 8.7:1 compression ratio. Anyone can help me please? Is the 8.7 good or do I need to lower it more? My internals are stock and I'm boosting a 1.3 Alpha SOHC maf sensored, with evo tech piggyback - 5th injector fuel system. ANYONE?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, that sucks. 8.7:1 is alright, I think most hondas that boost do so with a 9:1. Im boosting with stock compression @11psi :evil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Are you drunk or stoned crool?

Whats up with these posts?

That sux about all your trouble with the turbo man. How much have you spent so far?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've fvcked up! I have spent 5grand on this crappy 1.3 engine and don't know what to do. With that kind of money I could have a beta 2.0 but now it's late .. very late no money no honey :( So the only option I have is to put a 1.5 Alpha sohc and bolt the turbo kit right up. Just the engine. Will this sucker work or not? And please please tell me if I bolt on the turbo, will the scoupe head gasket fit to the 1.5 sohc and what the compression will be. I don't want to smash it again. Help me somehow tell me what compression to use, what gasket, what boost etc.. thank you guys

[Edited by japakos on Feb 6, 2006 12:05 AM]

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Originally posted by C B
[body]
Are you drunk or stoned crool?

Whats up with these posts?

That sux about all your trouble with the turbo man. How much have you spent so far?
[/body]

ok ill elaborate..

he needs a better tune to make use of the extra boost

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If you put the 1.5 in im not sure about the scoupe head gasket being the same.... I imagine it is but not positive..... On the 1.5 their are plenty of people doing 10psi daily driver on stock internals... Im doing 11 on stock internals daily driver and regularly beat the snot out of the car at 115,000 miles... With that t-15 turbo like you have. I would throw the 1.5 in run 10-11psi on stock internals daily driving until you have the $ for some scoupe pistons... then you can run like 20psi or more... Have the rods shot peened and ur good to go.... Just get a bigger turbo ;-)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably I'm going for the 1.5 and before putting in into the car I'll go for the scoupe pistons and gasket. What do you mean by having rods shot peened ? I'll do that also If I have a good result. I want to finish my project once and for all. Pistons, gasket, rods, programming 20psi and good to go. How much hp do you think this baby will have with the stock t15?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The project is off. I'm putting the 1.5 Sohc with no modifications. Just the 4-2-1 headers and a full catback system exhaust and that's it. Too much money.. mercy. The only thing I hope is to make 95-100 hp. END.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hmmm. If you already have the manifold/turbo thirs not much more to thowing in the 1.5 and slapping the turbo on it.... Using the t-15 on a built setup wont net u much hp neway. I would slap what you got on the 1.5 you throw in (shouldnt cost u much) and run 10-12psi on stock internals and enjoy what you have. Later down the road if you please then get some internals and a bigger turbo and go to town. I've been playing with my stock internal setup for the longest while I build my other 1.5 in the shed (which is almost complete :evil:). I assure you if you run 10psi on that t15 fully spooled @ 2000rpm you will be a happy man for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really afraid of having problems such as burnt gaskets and broken rods. I don't want to risk it anyway. I'm going N/A again with full exhaust system and headers which I already have. A little ECU tuning and probably a camshaft and a port polish job. I think 100-105hp with these mods and I will be a happy man :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If you are happy with it thats what counts. Want to sell me ur front mount if its any good or another goody maybe ;-)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sure. It's a brand new forge intercooler polished 22cm wide x 7cm tall x 8cm deep. I can sell it to you with the whole piping setup. If you like I have the t15 also, a custom made downpipe ,oil lines etc. We'll discuss about the price if you like for the whole kit or parting out it. Please tell me what you like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
japakos sorry to hear the bad news
hope everything is fixed and you will be turboed again;):

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah.. don't want turbo anymore. I put the 1.5 Sohc with the full exhaust, headers resonator, race cat, muffler and 51mm piping. I'll stick with it till I get a tiburon :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
hey japakos, what do you have from the turbo set-up that you are willing to sell?? you can make some money back on the turbo and all you've spent on the car....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have everything you like. The t15, the manifold, the piping, intercooler, piggyback and fifth injector. Let me know if you want something

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
will this work on my 1.6 alpha engine? talk to me more i'm interested about your set up

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i might take all except the manifold, i'll have t4tiburon build a manifold for my 1.6 to fit the t15 turbo, email me at spades6969 at aol.com thank you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts