Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today I was driving my 99 accent and there was a truck beside me. I was at a full stop and then I heard an odd noise, which I THOUGHT was the deisel truck beside me, kinda chugga chug chugga, like a deisel struggling to get "power" or "stalling out" But I was at a FULL stop.
The car died at the intersection.
I pushed it home, thanks to the gods it was only a block away, and tried to start it. It makes a very "fast" sounding "whir" noise. I checked the air filter, air intake, oil, spark plugs, all visible belts and I had JUST filled it up with a full tank of gas, (which is going unused now grumble grumble).
Im so lost now. I love my car! The only regular mantenance that I have fall off of doing ontime was my last oil change which is over due. I use Royal Purple though so usually its ok.
I had NO signs before this happened that I had car troubles! PLUS I just cleaned my K&N Air filter so I KNOW it's not that.
Any help is appreciated GREATLY!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just check and adjusted my timing less then 7 months ago. Oil is fine. It makes a high pitch whurring sound that "sounds" FAST. Ive had suggestions that it may be my timing belt or camshaft. Im not sure though these people are not the best. Any more info needed just ask I will try to check back later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. In the morning since Im running outta light. Any specific stuff I should look for? Ill check back in the morning for more. Thanks for the help so far guys! :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so after SEVERAL attempts by SEVERAL people to remove my accesorys belt pulley bolt I have yet to remove it. Yes I made sure it was being turned the right way. We all checked. Even tried a 90lb psi impact wrench to no avail. I can not get the bloody bolt off. After searching online and in my manual as well as talking to a tech it was suggested I either, A. Get a new engine because my valve and cylinder head is more then likely fu**ed or B. Get a new car.
This has me sad and worried. I love my car but do I really need a new engine and if so would it be more economical to buy say another used accent. Im looking at time and money spent on instillation of a new engine. Luckily I have a friend who is willing to lend me his shop and tools but he too thinks it is best I spend my money on a new car since in his opinion it is more then likely I will have to replace alot more crap then just an engine.
So here I am guys. What do you all think I should do??

·
Registered
14 Posts
yo dude it could be you idle control valve, its next to the throttle position sensor. because it control how much air is going through the throttle at idle when the plate is closed, so it could be letting too much air through and not enough fuel, and it could be running too lean and then it stalls out. either that or it's the timing or the belt and the crank balance. I would take anything big apart., if those don't work then it's probailly your alternator.

good luck man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts