Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my car on my break playing the new need for speed for about an hour like I ususally do everyother night. On my way home tonight from work I started having problems with idle going to low. So, I kept on driving home and came to a red light and my car died. I turned the car back on and went on. Came to the next redlight and my car died again, then again, and again. I made it home but am sure am going to go outside in the morning and my car is not going to start. Any ideas what could be my problem?:ermm: The car has been running very strong and great on gas. I just bought new spark plugs 2 days ago and gapped them at 35. Is that right for the betaII?? I have not used the nitrous for about 2 weeks now.

Thanks

Ben

[Edited by Accent95 on Jan 5, 2006 8:36 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
i think it is your battry need to be change or put your battry on the chager over night and see

·
Registered
487 Posts
if its not your battery make sure its not the belt ... make sure it isnt missing !! then check the alternator
:ermm:

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok everything seems to be ok now. I got up this morning for work and went to start my car it started right up. Drove just fine all day. Boy am I happy. So, I guess it was just the battery needing to be charged. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
what's odd is that the car shouldn't stall on you because of the dead battery,
i mean when you start the car and it's idlin on the intersection, the alternator should provide the electricity while charging the battery...

weird.............

BTW:Ben, how close doe's silver01accent live to you?
I'm was hoping to buy his splash guards' but i didn't have time back then but i do now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's not your battery.. The engine will run with out it once it's running.. Voltage does not come from the battery once the alternator takes over.. You have a problem that only happens once in a while.. Could be alot of things.. Would be a good idea to have the car checked out before something goes wrong again.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hes right... The battery wouldnt of done that....

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Jan 9, 2006 6:03 PM]

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah, if it died because the battery was dead, how would the battery start the car again.

Could have been moisture, or who knows.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts