1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
sounds like your dog ruined the show there..

nice deep tone....

a sport's exhaust would sound better,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a sh!tty 49 dollar apc knockoff i bought from cardomain.com, and its just a muffler back. We left the stock resonater on, it sounds way better and doesnt sputter. My puppy, actually its my moms dog. Did you hear me tellin my dad to rev it up more and him shuttin it off.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 12, 2005 7:54 PM]

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 12, 2005 7:54 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'm thinking of keeping my stock exhaust and welding on a flowmaster and cutting off the 2nd cat and replace it with a steel pipe,

it should loosen up some power..dont' cha think

if should i do this..the 2nd oxygen Sensor can't throw a CEL becasue it can't read the gase's that reach the 2nd cat converter.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That second one isnt a cat. Its a resonator. and the second O2 sensor can throw a CEL, if you take out the cat thats in the headers.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Sounds good...thats how mine sounded like with my stock exhaust pipe and a fireball muffler.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
I'm pissed that i can't even add a shiny exhaust tip cause the stupid exhaust pipe is pointed downwards,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went with a muffler that had a tip already. I dont want to draw anymore attention to my car then i get already.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 12, 2005 8:37 PM]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
*FYI* - The exhaust I had made for EvoFusion sounds like that, but a little louder until the resonator gets put back on.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But see when they did the "Catback section", they shouldnt have gone all the way to the O2 sensor and flex pipe. Theres a flange right after the resonator, couldve made it so it bolted to that. Wouldve made a bolt on aftermarket catback, cause the guy at midas told me that whole section from the flange to the cat is considered the "Cat", so makin it bolt to the flange would be a catback system.

Correction the catback system from evofusion does bolt directly to the stock exhaust at the flange in front of the resonator. The header system from them just does away with the cat.
[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 12, 2005 11:13 PM]

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Nov 12, 2005 11:53 PM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
im going to get the exhaust system from the group buy thing, after all it is a similar muffler to the N1 right?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Originally posted by GLaccent01
[body]
im going to get the exhaust system from the group buy thing, after all it is a similar muffler to the N1 right?
[/body]
Yeah...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts