Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same issues.

I've been having the same issues, for years now it began at around 45k miles then i replaced the spark plugs soon after with NGK, worked for about another 40k so im at 90k miles and i checked with the scanner and saw my number 1 and 2 cyl. didnt have any missfires, but 3 and 4 had upwards of 50 stored in the ECU i usually dont notice it until I put a load on it usually in 2nd and 3rd gear, im going to compare the resistance of my coil packs from cylinder 1 to that of 3 and four to see if it is the issue i cant seem to find many specs on things such as resistance readings and what not. so i figure go with whats good. But i am going to go with what you are saying to and decrease my gap providing my spark plugs are still in good condition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the information I've been having problems with what I thought was the coil packs repeatedly

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMW, I've got this problem, and been changing my coil packs about 5 Times already, and as soon as 'n mechanic sees your a woman they think your stupid, I can change them myself these days... Apparently this time I need to get ready for over R5000 to get it fixed... HaHa...they won't fool me now...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts