Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can make the Tibby ones work but you need a welder. The only tibby bracket that bolts in is the front right.

Tommorow i'll install the drivers side. I will lower the seat down a tad though since I would like more helmet clearance

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
did you have to cut or add any brackets??

were the mounting hole's on the seat bracket's too long?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
get a sport steering wheel, paint those boring gray interior pieces with black primer

that steering wheel is just ruining it for the seats..

·
Registered
715 Posts
Are there any air bags in those seats? If so did you disable them?

·
Registered
124 Posts
did you get my pm about the seat install, it is actally really easy and you didnt have to ruin any brackets or make any custom mounts. and you keep all the stock plugs for the seats.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crnrkiller said:
did you get my pm about the seat install, it is actally really easy and you didnt have to ruin any brackets or make any custom mounts. and you keep all the stock plugs for the seats.
I took one of my OEM seats apart and will do the same to a tibby seat next weekend :D

As for the Airbags, in canada it was optional to have them in the seats.

·
Registered
715 Posts
crnrkiller said:
CRN: Have you posted this I'm interested in reading about that do you have a link?

·
Registered
315 Posts
hay i also have 2 lether seats that need to go in if you don't mind can you take picture of all the seat mount please or if not with driver side one which
hole did you not modifie??d?? i mean out of all four which one did you not have to make extra bracket..

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drivers side would be the front left slider hole and the front left on the passenger side.

For the rest what I did was unbolt the OEM rear mount off the slider. Then I took 1/8 flat bar(1/8 is that the oem bracket it made of) drill 2 holes in each and mounted it on the slider using the 2 oem bolts/nuts

Now then what I did was install the seat in the car and positioned it. I screwed down the one bolt hole that lined up and took measurements in the rear so I can weld flat bar on to my rails. I then welded the flat bar on to the other flat bar then drilled holes to bolt it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
crnrkiller said:
do a write up on this and you'll be a god

1 - 19 of 19 Posts