Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my horn decided to quit working this evening..it was working fine when i was delivering pizza's and now it just quits..i checked the wiring and the fuse and it make's a clicking noise when i press the horn...could it be that the horn's gone bad??
do they wore out??

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The clicks your relay, and that means its working... mine does the same... and mine horn is dead, it wisperd for awhile, and then died. But im gettin one of those wonderful air horns. You might look into that. Mucho better than the wimpy thing they gave us...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so horn's do wear out and die eh??

i'm thinkin of getting the horn's from the Hyundai XG..sound's like a mercedes horn with a bit of honda accord..

so all i gotta do is cut out the XG horn with the connector in the horn and splice the wire's with my car's horn wires and mount it?

also, can 2 horn's be put in my car by splicing the wires also?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The XG 350 has two horns... and they sound wonderful.

And yep, but i think you want to make sure two horns on one wire wont drop the juice enough so they dont work as well, or overload the wire and melt it. But i dont know if you just lay on the horn all day...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, what do yo know..it suddenly worked today..probably due the fact that's it's nice and warm..

i'mma install a low tone horn to match the high tone horn so it'll sound like a Mercedes E320 horn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts