Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pressure washed my engine bay and i think i did it a little too long for the electronic's to get Messed up,

So when im driving it, the car stutter's as if it's losing gas and when i floor it in top gear..the car really stutter's, plus the engine vibrate's briefly violently when i press the gas pedal

I Checked my coil packs and wire's and sanded the spark plug's clean..but still nothing,
CAI is okay...NO CEL..either

I tried a search related to this but none so far,

and the dealership say's they can't serivce my car cause it's a used.:dead:
Stupid me!!

[Edited by TAK82 on Oct 12, 2005 7:54 PM]

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
perhaps just give it a day to settle?

remember when pressure washing the engine bay to steer clear of the alternator, coil pack and fise box. other then that, spray away.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yeah water affect the plugs/wires easily. Give it some time to dry out if you havent already and check those plugs/wires.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
that happens a lot where i work, i'm a detailer. take off your dist cap, blow it out w compressed air, and do the same to both ends of all the wires. should clean it up, if not, i dunno what to tell ya. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
2001 Accents don't have distributors. Yeah I agree you likely just got the plugs or wires or something wet, let it dry out a bit and it should be okay.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]

Stupid me!!

[/body]
Really? why on earth would the dealer not want to work on it? they make more money after a car is off warranty than when it is on, Very strange they care if it is used. Ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
yeah... hyundai's biggest selling point is their giant warranty... go to a different dealership, or find a service guy with teeth to help you out.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
prolly be a bunch of rust around ur plugs last time i washed my engines my plugs were rusting a bit, did u suck in any water?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay..i got home from deliverin pizza's in th XG :)..people stareing durinfg traffic :p

after posting this thread, i went to the garage where the LC is and started her up, it sounded fine..no cel's as usual, the car doens't seem prone to lurch like crazy after i gas it, but there's still some vibration..but the problm's been reduced greatly..

Hopefully if all fare's well tomorrow and if the car run's fine..i'mma take it to the dealership to have some minor thing's repaired or replaced like power plug not working and the hot/cold HVAC knob came off stripped...BTW, this was about the dealership not honoring the car's warranty just because it's been resold which void's the hyundai warranty,

but my question is, what would be causing this?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The water's causing it, still. It can take a long while to dry out under that cover.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by TAK82
[body]
I pressure washed my engine bay and i think i did it a little too long for the electronic's to get Messed up,

So when im driving it, the car stutter's as if it's losing gas and when i floor it in top gear..the car really stutter's, plus the engine vibrate's briefly violently when i press the gas pedal

I Checked my coil packs and wire's and sanded the spark plug's clean..but still nothing,
CAI is okay...NO CEL..either

I tried a search related to this but none so far,

Stupid me!!

[/body]
Went through this same problem on the GF's 03. Washed out the engine bay, and it stuttered like hell afterwards, and thew a CEL in my case. Pulled the plug wires and found Cyl#4's spark plug hole half full of water. Even after drying it out, it took a couple days for it to run right again. Didn't help that the PO had it serviced at WalMart and they put sh*tty Autolites in. Threw some NGKs in for good measure and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, it turn's out that i needed New plug's..

The Service manager said i needed new wire's and plug's for $200....Eh, Screw That..That' something i can do,

And it turn's out i didn't need wires..juat a way for thoses bastards to rip-me off,

I went to advance auto and bought some nice iridium plug's from NGK

vibration went away and engine revved ever so smoothly..er ran so smoothly..

so i wasted some serious green's today and tommorow i'mma return the wire's

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Oh yeah I heard in the states that once a vehicle is resold it loses half its 10 years warranty or something. Here in Canada the warranty is fully tranferable from owners to owner and they even have 50 days to switch over the HPP or long term warranty.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now I wonder why they do that..it irritate's me..

but I found out that this dealersip that I went to was a very GOOD Dealership and they honored my Factory Warranty..they even sell their used car's with the remainder of the factory warranty left in them..Ain't that nice?

Fairfax Hyundai..:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts