Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they're not new new. I had them for a coulple of months now. I really like them a lot. They look real good in there. I'm glad I went with the black backing instead of the gay ass chrome that everyone has.

I put LED taillights, brake lights and turn signals in, gives it a way better look than the round bulbs and a hell of a lot brighter. Makes the car look very fast at night with the 4 individual bulbs lit up.

Also put in a pic of my guages lit up. They are for a 2nd Gen Tib, but were a direct fit except the warning lights were off a bit. Hope you like, let me know what you think.

Just taillights!!

And with the brake lights on!!
:evil::)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea. They look a 100x's better in person. The camera kind of fuzzes up the pic.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
The LED bulbs are gonna blow out within a month or so. Trust me. Plus the signals flash faster, making you look like a rcice burner. Im taking mine out as soon as I get some red bulbs. I actually think just regular bulbs look better that the leds, they reflect more therefore shining brighter. I also agree about them not looking good on red...personally I would have kept the stockers because they are mostly red and flow better with the red of the car...which is why the black tailights look good on my black car, and chrome altezzas dont look too bad on a silver car. I think you tailights would look better if you lost the white racing stripes. Just some constructive criticism.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stripes are coming off, rather changing color. I'm thinking silver this weekend. LED's haven't burnes out yet and they've been in for over a couple of months now.

I want to take the lens off and paint the black red to match, what do you think????:hmmm:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
leds burned out?

i doubt it. they may have just been crappily put together, but i doubt they burned out. they usually have a life span of 100k+ hours. water prolly got in there or something.

you can get a little inline "resistor kit" that causes the blinker to blink slower, by upping the amount of power consumed by the circuit.

you should check out some options for your gauges....;):
http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=133

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
while i agree with yous guys on the color matching the car is what looks best, how would that look with white? for some reason im not too sure things would look good anymore and im waaaaaaaaaay too lazy to rip my shit apart just to have it look shitty

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
I am in the process of building my own taillights... and one of the things I was going to do was colour match the non-lense parts to the body of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts