Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST PERFORMED MY 2nd X3 99 BETA SWAP. IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. I USED MY 98 AS A SPEC.I KEEP SEEING PEOPLE MAKING A MOTOR MOTOR MOUNT ADAPTER.BUT ALL YOU NEED IS TO REMOVE THE MOTOR MOUNT BRACKET AND REWELD IT IN PLACE AS MOVING IT ABOUT 1 1/2" TO 2" OVER AND IT WORKS REAL WELL.I ALSO USED A 1.6 03 LC CLUCTH KIT ASSY. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT HYUNDAI IS THE BEST **** THAT THERE IS.F**K HONDA V-TEC .HOLLA back if you feel me

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Nice Work Bro!!! **** Honda.. Love the looks on their face when they realize they just got beat by a.. what the **** a HYUNDAI!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
yea, **** honda!!!!!!!!!, so when are you going to help me with my beta swap in orlando, FL, also we might as well be switching to manual at the same time, i need to get your number, so we can do this ****!! nice job mang:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo my # is 863-838-7276.i performed this swap for my co worker.it was nice.this was also like a team effort.i sold the parts that i had to him.so you would need to buy the parts list.hit me up

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
ok, i'll call you once i have some more money saved, then we can get this thing on the road soon, thanks man

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have loaded some pics.but give it a few days to get them approved for my profile.i'll egt the other pics of my friends swap i did up later.

·
Registered
508 Posts
yo honda killer

Originally posted by spikie
[body]
Ok let me straighten this out once and for all

TO USE THE ACCENT TRANNY YOU NEED:
*Beta Flywheel
*Scoupe turbo pressure plate
*Scoupe Turbo Clutch disc
*Stock Accent Release bearing (scope one is totally different.. )

the scoupe turbo presure plate and clutch disc fit it and bolt up to the beta flywheel.. use the stock accent bearing on the scoupe turbo one is different.. once this is all done it works fine! 8D

will post up pics in a couple days
[/body]
is that the best way to gor for a beta swap with accent tranny???

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chek this out.you have a couple of options to go with.you can use the 1.5 clutch assy w/tb and get your 2.0 fly/machined drilled to fit and lighten the fly as you go. or you can use the 1.6 clutch assy from a 03 accent w/tb to fit the 2.0 fly.it all will bolt up to the 2.0 fly.or you can go with the scoupe assy. i have my fly drilled to fit the 1.5 clutch assy/and ligthen trust me it does work good as if it was a aftermarket fly.but im going to switch to a 1.6 03 accent clutch assy. so let me know how it works out for you.8D

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey a couple of questions for you, i have a 95 accent with a beta 1 and a 1.8 tranny, also a new center member for the trans to mount up to, how long did it take you n did you have any wireing problems? thanks for any help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why are you all against Honda? I don't have a honda and I don,t want one but it's not a reason to say f*** honda! lol ...anyway

There's another possibility for the pressure plate. For my car we took one of eagle Talon.I don't remember wich one put I can find it if someone need it. And for the clutch, I know someone that can make you a ceramic/kevlar clutch for very cheap (300$can) and that,s a very good one. I have it for 2 years without problems. If someone is interested may be i can do someting for you...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the compl. i ha ve been busy lately.but that clutch idea is a good idea. but im gonna stick with the 1.6 clutch when i put it in. and for the honda's .sorry i think they are like roachs/ everybody gots them.hondas suck.
8D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You can help me with getting a beta tranny in my car as well ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Honda Killer.com
[body]
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT HYUNDAI IS THE BEST **** THAT THERE IS.F**K HONDA V-TEC .HOLLA back if you feel me
[/body]
Ya because you got F'd by a Honda. Sorry folks I'm just starting crap with Honda Killer because he implied that he was fast and put down other people. BTW what was your 1/4 mile E.T.? You never posted it after you said you would. After all the crap you started and then you just lefted...Tail tucked. This is directed to Honda Killer only. I'm sorry if I offended anyone else.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts