Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It isn't clean as you can see the wires for power and the wire heading up to the cassette deck (yeah i know, but I can put in the my other car or boat when needed or use the same cassette deck connection for an ipod).

Anyway, I brought the antenna wire under the hatchback from outside

Then ran the wire along the top and tucked it behind the upper trim all the way from the back around the side, across the top of the passenger door, down front pillar and all the way to the windshield. Then around the side of the dash, and down behind the glovebox.

I wrapped some of the extra wire around some of blower control cables there. From here I went down to the center console,and tucked it between the plastic where the center console (blower and temp controls are) and the lower console meet.

Not the best install but it works. I drilled a hole in the rubber mat down into the plastic console and mounted it that way. This way I can take it all out and the hole in the rubber closes back up and you cant tell there is a hole. My headliner trim along the top was loose enough that I could wedge it out with a flat tip screwdriver and slip the wire behind it without pinching.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I mounted mine right on the dash. Never had a reception problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
cool nice thread....good pics.....its a shame :( that i dont have this service here in Guatemala...i would like it!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, not total global coverage but Guatemala appears to be completely covered at least on this map. It's $14 a month US dollar (rounded up).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts