Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have only had this proablem only a couple times. Once was at an intersection and the other was when i got pulled over for speeding:devious::)

what happened when i got pulled over is once i was all done with the pig my car wouldn't start.... every thing would turn on fine and work...it was like the clutch was not engaging enough to say start or the neutral safty switch was not working i don't know.. it eventualy started.

the second time was when i let my brother drive and he stalled at a light... it did the same thing...i would not start???? help me guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its like when i just stall out from not shifting right into first:paranoid: its from the lack of driving a manual for about yr since i have been over in iraq.... thats why i think it is the clutch or the nuteral safty switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
your on the right track...sounds like a neutral safety switch problem. the lights on the dash all light up when your doing this, but the engine wont turn over at all right?

·
Registered
101 Posts
take it to a auto-electrician
They can diagnose the problem straight away

i've had these parts replaced over the years, and had similar symptoms to yours.

alternator
knock sensor
cam gear sensor
battery
spark plugs
fuel gauge not working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts