Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Progress has been a little slow but its comming along. I made the air intake, and hot side pipe, mounted the 1.6 accent full width radiator (I had the half sized one before), mounted the IC and relocated the battery in trunk. Im making all the pipes and the exhaust from vibrant diy parts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
looking good man seems to be good routing to me. i wonder about how the IC pipe is going to like being so close to the radiator. but if its far enough away it should be ready to rock.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it is close, but there just isnt much room to make it another way.

·
Registered
492 Posts
looks good so far. keep the progress going

·
Registered
492 Posts
looking at that the ic looks just like the one that i got.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Made the cold side piping, but haven't done the BOV yet. Im also getting a pro to tig weld the seams. How do you people like the strut bar from hell!

Jay here is the IC. For mounting I welded on a peice of angle iron to match up with the IC tabs that were already there.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice, what size it that IC. Its looks really small. When i do mines im going to keep the stock bumper and want a small ic as well. Kind of like that. I see the weld. Will the front bumper fit back on ok with the angle iron sticking out like that?

What fuel management program are you going to use?

·
Registered
492 Posts
RTPScoupe said:
Made the cold side piping, but haven't done the BOV yet. Im also getting a pro to tig weld the seams. How do you people like the strut bar from hell!

Jay here is the IC. For mounting I welded on a peice of angle iron to match up with the IC tabs that were already there.

you could drop a bomb on that strut bar and all you would have is some scratches

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you could drop a bomb on that strut bar and all you would have is some scratches
HA HA. Its 1" square steel tubing.

Nice, what size it that IC. Its looks really small. When i do mines im going to keep the stock bumper and want a small ic as well. Kind of like that. I see the weld. Will the front bumper fit back on ok with the angle iron sticking out like that?

What fuel management program are you going to use?
The core is aprox 7" x 20" x 2.5". I think it will be sufficient for now. The front bumber fits perfect. Ill take a pics when its done to show you. For tunning im using an emanage ultimate with the 290cc sonata injectors and a walbro 255 pump. Ill probably upgrade the injectors later.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
that innercooler is fine, its not about the size, its about the flow of it

RTPScoupe said:
HA HA. Its 1" square steel tubing.

The core is aprox 7" x 20" x 2.5". I think it will be sufficient for now. The front bumber fits perfect. Ill take a pics when its done to show you. For tunning im using an emanage ultimate with the 290cc sonata injectors and a walbro 255 pump. Ill probably upgrade the injectors later.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
What turbo is this?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Looking good. If you went with an automatic radiator you can use the tranny cooler for an oil cooler with an oil filter sandwich adapter.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that full size radiator isn't really gonna help just because it's bigger..

you'll be runnning on hot oil and coolant all the time..
unless you're driving the glow out of that turbo

try a half sized but very thick radiator and mount it to the driver side where it's away from the turbo manifold and charge pipes.

another way is to wrap the charge pipe..

You're coming out together nicely..i wish i had the money to take it to the next level but I'm just a sucker with a beta LC.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts