Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just wanted to share my setup to everyone here. I have a US spec 2001 Tiburon, but I was lucky enough to ship it over to Korea and take advantage of all their goodies. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Here's big stuff under the hood:

Turbonetics t3/t04 turbo
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate
EVO 8 intercooler
440cc injectors
2bar MAP/temp sensor
2.5 IC piping
2.5 turboback exhaust w/racing cat.
Turbo head gasket
DTM extreme clutch
GK 16bit Siemens ECU

[Edited by Airborne on Jan 25, 2006 11:53 PM]

[Edited by Airborne on Jan 25, 2006 11:58 PM]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
looks perdy sweet man... and that 16bit ECU does wonders you say? i was thinking about getting in from the rdtiburon stuff that you posted, but tuning the ECU based on sizes alone and specs can only make it so good.. if we were able to piggyback off that, i would do it in a second, cuz i could have a close tuned base map and modify it the way i want it, or add fuel if i wanna boost more, etc..

looks good man.. imma be getting the t3/t40e to replace my t3 super 60 soon. :) and getting the low comp. pistons, better rods, etc. installed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice looking setup...can't wait till I hit the 300hp mark in the beta2turbo accent:evil:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
very beautiful, i would love to have that engine in my accent in the future, nice pictures too ;):

·
Registered
48 Posts
very nice so u have stock internals i take it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by accentric97
[body]
very nice so u have stock internals i take it?
[/body]
Yes, the stock beta block can hold 400+whp. ;):

[Edited by Airborne on Jan 26, 2006 11:34 PM]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. If any of you need any help or have questions about my setup, feel free to ask. Don't just gauk :??: lol. Anyways, I just got a new 12.6" big brake kit so I'll be posting pictures of that soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok thanks for the info, but could you tell me the wheel trims for turbo thank you much

·
Registered
101 Posts
Buddy.

what was your boost psi?
my car is 4 years older than your car and its only pushing 220hp at 10psi.
fuel injectors is due to be upgraded.
Is there any other performance parts under the hood.

You installed a Mitsubishi EVO 8 intercooler.

But you're going to have regular users who are going give you a lot of abuse!
And call noob etc, etc., because putting a mitsubishi parts is not possible on a hyundai!
eg 4doorgl, mechanix_034,

[Edited by renantepayne on Jan 28, 2006 4:54 AM]

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Originally posted by renantepayne
[body]
Buddy.

what was your boost psi?
my car is 4 years older than your car and its only pushing 220hp at 10psi.
fuel injectors is due to be upgraded.
Is there any other performance parts under the hood.

You installed a Mitsubishi EVO 8 intercooler.

But you're going to have regular users who are going give you a lot of abuse!
And call noob etc, etc., because putting a mitsubishi parts is not possible on a hyundai!
eg 4doorgl, mechanix_034,

[Edited by renantepayne on Jan 28, 2006 4:54 AM]
[/body]
Dude, the intercooler is not a part of the engine assembly, most obviously it has nothing to do with the block and head design which was the object of our previous discussions. It's an ancillary part. _I managed to cram a 150mm thick HKS DRAG cooler from a GTR into the front of an Evo._ There should be few problems in fitting the Evo cooler to any other car give or take some relocation. Reducers can be handily bought at tubing manufacturers. Beads can be built up with filler wire.

Coolers are some of the easiest things to fit because they're so versatile, and the setup is only limited by the tools you have and the materials you have at hand. It just takes time.

That being said, Airborne, that's a bloody good job. I think I saw that particular manifold in the shop in Singapore today on a turbocharged Tuscani which was in for a basic oil change, except that the one I saw had an internal gate. Any chance you might be able to share with us where those manifolds are made, and what flanges they have availible? We're a bit short on this critical part downunder.

[Edited by MechaniX_034 on Jan 28, 2006 5:26 AM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yeah im using a intercooler off an eclipse right now :hmmm: I was going to use one off of a srt4.... Neways the setup looks great! I've never seen that manifold before, I love it!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I want the manifold...where can I get my hands on one...fill me in bro...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First, there is a typo on the dyno sheet. I was actually boosting 1.1bar~16lbs. About the EVO intercooler, my shop had to cut out 80% of my crash beam to make it fit. It was worth it though. The manifold was actually custom fabricated in Korea to fit a Turbonetics Evolution wastegate and the routed to the downpipe. We could fabricate more, but it's pretty costly. Let me know if you need one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very nice work....
Use a stock fuel pump, pistons, all ??

300WHP with 10 psi is great...

·
Registered
48 Posts
so im intersted in this siemens 16 bit ecu, could you elaborate on price and what exctly it is as far as full standalone or just a piggyback?

and what is your current email adress airborne?

·
Registered
48 Posts
?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry it's been a few days, my wife and I just had our first baby!!! He's great, but I'm getting like no sleep. argh. Anyways, this is my email: [email protected] What engine are you running?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts