Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front driver side wheel has play, probably a bad wheel hub..due to a bad cv axle..

my question is do i replace the whole hub or the wheel bearing?

·
Registered
715 Posts
If I'm not mistaken The front hubs on the LC sealed bearings requiring you swap the entire hub

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^^Agreed^^You will need the hub.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't know if yours is the same as the 03 accent but on my brothers it has wheel bearing in the front that can be replaced and the rear is the whole hub. I know this because i will be changing them out this coming weekend. Front wheel bearings go for $19 to $26 each and the rear hub goes for $108 each.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good, i have a 32 in my trunk..

what about pulling it out?
will i need a slide hammer?

·
Registered
621 Posts
It should slide right out if not just use small screwdriver to bring it out. Thats what I use and they come right out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is good to know... I have the same problem

·
Registered
596 Posts
dont forget about the high powered impact whench that will be needed to remove the main drive nut...
It's torqued to 180ft-lb or something stupid like that...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
737 Posts
front hubs or bearings(i'd replace the whole hub) on the lcs need to be pressed in and are then held by a snap ring. Your going to play hell getting the old bearing off without a bearing puller.

The hub will have a new bearing on it already if you go that route. If you don't then the old bearing will have to be pulled from the old hub and a new one pressed back on. Then you will have to press the hub back into the knuckle.

Your best bet is to take off your knuckle and take it to the local machine shop and have them take the old out and press the new in. Your going to pay 45-50 bucks at the machine shop but you will thank yourself later for time saved.

I'd also check the condition of your lower ball joint because that would also be a simple job for the machine shop that is a pain without a press or ball joint remover.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i asked several auto part shop's and they said they don't carry the front wheel bearing hub for my car..only the bearings..WTH!!??

i work at goodyear..i am sure the tech's could help me out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
TAK82 said:
i asked several auto part shop's and they said they don't carry the front wheel bearing hub for my car..only the bearings..WTH!!??

i work at goodyear..i am sure the tech's could help me out.
You don't have to change out the whole hub in the front, just the bearing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
also if you go to like autozone they have a loan a tool program that even i use every once in a while due to MAC & SNAP-ON are really expensive and you have to pay for the tools up front but get fully reimbursed upon return this is probably a better idea for a bearing puller/ installer set which last time i checked was like $ 50.00 up front and then reimbused afterward and it is really simple to use

1 - 15 of 15 Posts