Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator

so i hear these things are a good buy for under a hundred fifty dollars,
and i also see that alot of cars with MAP sensors and intake mods usually get one of these sooner than later...

AEM says their universal unit works with just about any car with a fuel return line.

does my XD have one? (haven't seen the car in two weeks, girlfriend out of town)

would this help out my acceleration stall ? (got the ecm reprogrammed, but that was before my short ram, it pulls harder, but the low end speed just isn't there)

final question-

would i need to do any other fuel mods to get the most of it? i.e. injectors, pump, fuel lines, filter..etc.......(i am thinking about going nitrous eventually, no time soon though)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not sure if it will work on xd. The fuel pressure regulator would be a good mod if you plan on modifing your car any more headers, exaust, turbo,heads nitrous ect. If you were to put it on now it might be nice because your car might not be set at the right fuel pressure setting. It looks like the AEM kit dosent come with a gauge you would have to buy one to see what the fuel pressure was.

There are formulas that help you determine where your fuel pressure should be set once you start adding horse power to your car. There are also formulas that can help you determine injector size. Formulas that can tell you if you need bigger injectors or just a fuel pressure adjustment. Let me know if you are intrested in these formulas I have them in a mag some where.

:rambo: rebal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts