Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 05 Elantra GLS hatch new in October. Just found this place. So far, I've upgraded the stereo to a Pioneer head unit with a CD changer in the cargo area, put on the 19 mm Tibby sway bar and severaly convenience mods (lighting and a tray under the floor in the cargo area. Here's a pic of what's under my floor:

It raises the floor about 3 inches but unless you're familiar with the car, it's not really noticeable.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
You're a cool guy...you'll fit right in...
nice setup you got there..i'm planning on doing a similiar thing to my LC

·
Registered
978 Posts
coolness.

But how are you going to get to all at stuff in your trunk with the big sub box in there?

what you don't have a huge sub?

time to get one :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I can work it into the rear left corner, I'll be fine. The stuff under my floor consists of three pieces: The center section which is as wide as the OEM trunk floor board, and a small compartment with a flip-up door in each rear corner. If I get a sub (and I'm an Old Guy (TM), so a sub isn't necessarily in the picture), I can just take the little comparment out of the left hand corner and replace it with a sub enclosure.

Here is the area I'm talking about:

[Edited by Doohickie on Dec 18, 2005 3:18 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Wecome! That was a good idea you got there! See you around!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the cargo bins go, that's not really my idea; the Suzuki Aerio SX, Mazda3 Wagon and Kia Spectra5 all have enhanced cargo storage. This is probably closest to what the Aerio has. I understand that the Santa Fe also has something like this. In the top picture there are two plastic bins. They are about 2 inches deeper than the rest of the tray and are removeable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got around to painting my storage tray. I was looking for a reject can of paint at the local home improvement store that was maybe a black or dark gray. The little splotch of the can I bought for a dollar looked black, but when I used it to turned out to be a pretty dark plum color. It still looks pretty good, just not quite what I expected. In this shot, you can see the three pieces that make up the storage areas under my floor. When these are installed, the OEM carpet/floor goes on top of them to hide my storage and all the doo-dads I keep in my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts