Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days I'm going for the 8.5:1 C/R gasket. I'm running 4 to 5 psi most with high compression 10,3 to be exact (past head shaving) with no problems for now but no fuel. When I change the gasket, I was thinking about increasing the boost up to 10psi. Will I damage the engine without any fuel management? The fuel management is coming on christmas (no money now). What do you think? Should I run more psi or leave it at 5 and when the fuel management is in, then boost more?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You need fuel management, period. I run 10psi with the stock compresion of 10 to 1 and no real engine management, just tib maf and injectors. If you had the fuel upgrades you could safely up the boost a few psi now...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I put all the things can I run 14 psi or boom?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If you drop the compression I would say thats would be alright so long as its getting proper fuel.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wouldnt reckomend to go for more than o.8 bar even with low compression.i dont think the rods can handle the power taking in consideration we live in greece and our cars have to deal with very high temperatures especially in summer.as for fuel management i am using the SAFC but i am looking for something better.if i can help send me a pm

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
japakos, do you have the 1.3l? If so your internals should be fine at 1.0 bar. They are the same strength as the larger Alpha's internals I believe, but with lower stock power output. All other Alphas can hold up to 1.0 bar while producing more power as long as you have proper fuel management and reduced c/r on stock internals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts