Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noob needs clear corners help

I have an 05 Accent gt hatchback. I saw the guide, but there are not pictures. Where should I be pulling once I get it heated up? Also any other advice on clear corners for an LC2 is welcome too. Thanks.

and yeah I'm a total noobie. I just got this car last saturday.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i did the LC2 clear corners on my car
i did it like 2 or 3 years ago so my memory is a little rusty

there is like 2 or 3 screws that need to be removed first
what u have to pull is the clear lens off, there are a few little mounting tabs that you will have to gently pry off

once you take the headlight assembly off your car you will see better, but like a mentioned b4 its just the clear lens that how to come off

ill see if i can take some pics for u in the morning to show u

cheers
marc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright I just got my left headlight done and it looks great. It took me quite a while, I used a 1500w hairdryer. I tried the oven but something started smoking, not sure whether it was the glue, waxpaper, or whatever, but it smelled terrible. anyway I'm going to try to get the other light done later tonight and I'll post pics eventually.

Also, is there a place to buy or a way to diy clear side markers?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you're talking about the lights that are on the bumper... yes you can DIY them to be clear.

I did this when i first got my '03

Basically you just pop them out of the bumper. They're held on with a couple tabs that hug the bumper. If you have decently strong hands you can pop them out by hand. I wouldn't suggest using a screwdriver or something cuz you will probably screw up the paint. The tabs are on the short sides. One is an actual tab and the other is like a plastic spring so that it holds it in place. I'm not explaining it well but once you get one off you'll see what i mean and the rest is a snap.

Break off the lens with pliers. Like I said I did this like 4 years ago so my memories a bit failing but i remember that the glue that mine were held on with was kinda like model glue so it didn't respond to heating them up like you did with the headlights.

Go get a piece of plexiglass. I went to a glass shop in town and they had an end piece that they sold me for $5. You only need like a foot square at most. Trace out the shape of the housing on the plexi, cut with band saw or hacksaw. I went for a frosted look so i took 1000 grit sandpaper and made them so they weren't completely clear. I hit the inside of the housing with silver spray paint so it wasn't orange showing through. I used clear silicone to glue and seal them up. (Make sure you seal them well or they will leak and you'll get condensation in there) Put some hyperwhite LED's in
and reinstall. It's a much better look. Especially on my white car as the amber/red bumper lights stuck out from the white around them way too much for my liking)

I seem to remember a few years ago bvtMattyc bought some lenses from somewhere (SR maybe) that were meant for a sonata and they were pretty close to the accent lights but not quite. If he's around he might be able to confirm that. (Again it was years ago)

That should give ya some ideas at least. Feel free to IM me if you want more info or pics or something. It's night right now so i'm not gonna be able to give ya pics. (plus my ride is embarassingly dirty... damn spring)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts